Sunday 1 March 2009

Me and my Girl

Darling Baby Kay - it has been a very busy and manic weekend here at home, but lovely at the same time. We have had CC over staying from England, and spent the last couple of days entertaining - although she really is the most wonderful easy company, and is so happy to muck in, eat what we eat, go where we go, and just relax together and catch up. By rights we should be tired this evening, and though I will be glad to get to bed tonight I am feeling upbeat and happy having had such a great time with her. The last time she saw you was at your Baptism last June, when you were 12 weeks old, and she couldn't believe how you had changed.

We went over to the Outlet on Saturday so CC could look at the shops, and we all had lunch over there too. It was your first real lunch out where I didn't bring a little home-made meal, and took the chance that we would be able to order something off the menu that would suit you too. We ended up with a side order of mashed potato - which we added some of Daddy's fish and mushy peas to - and you had a wonderful time. You sat very happily in the restaurant for the whole 75 minutes we were there - which after a morning trailing round the shops in your pram was no mean feat for one so small. You are such a joy to take out with us; you are so happy to go anywhere, sit and look around and wave at people and you rarely make a scene or get cross. I even managed to get you some 'big girl' spoons now that you are taking an active interest in inspecting what you are being fed, and are determined to grab the spoon!

And today I am posting a photograph that CC took today of the 2 of us before she left. Lovely Jaime mentioned in one of her comments that she was waiting on a picture of Mummy and me - and it made me realise that in all the pictures I have posted on here I have not posted a single one of the 2 of us together - usually because it is me behind the camera and when anyone offers to take one of us my hair is doing the wild-thing or I look like I have had even less sleep than usual! Ignoring the circles under the eyes, I think this is a good one of the 2 of us - and you look just as beautiful as ever my darling little lady. Sweet dreams my angel x x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so good to see your face! Both of you! Sounds like you had a good day out and a nice time with your friend.

Bridget said...

Well I see where that sweet girl gets her good looks! She's as pretty as her Mommy!! Sounds like a fun filled weekend. Glad to know that you could find something on the menu to suit her taste (I must say I too would choose mashed potatoes:)Glad you had a fun weekend! Hope you have a great week ahead! Thanks for posting the adorable picture of Mommy and daughter!

Lorri said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful week. She is growing so fast.Hope all is well with you.
Lorri

BECKY said...

Well...there you are, Fiona!! What a lovely picture of you both!! It's clear to see now that Amelie is simply reflecting back to you (and to us) the beauty she sees in you and your radiant smile!! It's wonderful to see you, friend!!

I took Maddy and Kristina to the mall for a little fun today, and in just a few minutes, will plant the seeds that will, in a few months, put lovely vegetables on our family's table!! Can't wait!!

So glad you got to enjoy CC's company!! I'd be happy to just hang with ya, too!!

Have a great week!!,
Joyful blessings,
Becky

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a lovely photo! It's so good to see both of you☺ It sounds like you had a great time with your friend and your little sweetie. It's good to know you're starting her out early on the shopping and eating out, lol!

akawest said...

That is a beautiful picture of you. Baby Kay is incapable of not looking gorgeous in a photo, but of course, you knew that.

It is good to read that your visit was a lot of fun. Mushy peas, fish, and mashed potatoes would make a fine meal. I forsee Baby Kay asking to go shopping and dining quite frequently.

Jaime said...

I love your picture. you and your beautiful daughter ..... You are an amazing mom. Thanks for mentioning my comment. I really do think that we all can shed light on what a lovely mom you are. Hope your weekend was lots of fun and please if you want to email me your address I will send you a bubble blower and bubbles. My email address is jaimerafter@live.com. I will be happy to send this as a gift to you two. Loving thoughts Jaime and Lindsey. My daughter wanted me to mention her as she wanted to share her bubble fun with the two of you.

Lois Christensen said...

What a beautiful picture!! You need to make sure you're in as many pictures as possible! Love it!

Elena said...

What a beautiful picture! Your writing truly relfects your countenance, so warm and loving. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend! Elena