Sunday 22 March 2009

Party Girl!

Darling Baby Kay, the house has been full of visitors for the last 3 days - all here to see you and share your 1st birthday party! Your birthday is actually the 23rd - tomorrow - but it made more sense because of the people who were flying in to see you to have the party on the weekend - and what a wonderful day you had!

Auntie F and Uncle B came over, Uncle J & Auntie D, Granny, both Grandad's, S & P, J and R from next door - the house was full of people who were all here to celebrate your special landmark. You were bemused by all the fuss and the houseful of faces - it is usually just the 2 or 3 of us, but not this weekend!

You had gorgeous balloons, which you thought were great fun, and are still enjoying head-bopping with Daddy. We kept them well out of the reach of tiny fingers who might burst them and get a fright! We are going to share them with the girls next door now, but we are keeping the lovely Tinkerbell one for you for your baby box.

You had so many gorgeous presents and kind wishes - from all over the world too thanks to your blog - and are still getting used to all the new things in the sitting room. You love your xylophone and are very excited about how easy it is to make so much noise! People have been immensely generous with their presents, their cards and their kind and loving wishes for you.

Your caterpillar pillar from R, C and baby M.

Your bead board from Granny and Grandad McC.

The Gruffalo book set.

You looked gorgeous in your tutu - which you tolerated for much longer than I expected - you kept scrunching the fabric between your fingers and trying to get little bits up to your mouth when you thought no-one was looking!

Eventually though we ditched the skirt and you wriggled around the rest of the time in your tights instead! I think you were much happier that way. You were so patient with all the hugging and kissing, and being passed around for photographs, which is something you are not used to, but you coped so well with it all. We were so proud of you, and by the end of the day although your were tired, you were still singing and very happy to sit on knees and read books with your guests.

You even had some of your birthday cake (no smashing in sight Lisa!!) which Mummy didn't make, but maybe next year!!

And Daddy and I are really lucky, because Daddy has taken tomorrow off work so we can take you out for your real birthday - just the 3 of us. We are going to have your photo taken properly, to mark the occasion, at a photographers in town - and then if the weather is good we will take you for your first trip to the seaside! It will be cold for sure, but it's never too early for a girl to catch her first sight of the shore!!

Love to you always my darling - with my heartfelt prayer that you are always blessed as much as you have blessed our lives in the short time we have had you to share x

6 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What fun pictures! I'm so glad she was a good sport for the festivities☺ I hope you three have a wonderful day tomorrow celebrating. I'll be thinking of you!

ps I've never seen such a clever bib!

akawest said...

Briana came running in to tell me that the birthday pics were posted. She was very excited, but perhaps too shy to post her own comment.

I am happy to share in the excitement of the party, too. The birthday girl looksgorgeous in her tutu. She looks quite fetching in just the tights and shirt, too. And you, well, you my dear, look beautiful as you gaze on your amazing offspring. Can you believe you have been a mum for an entire year?

Daddy looks like the adult, male version of his daughter or maybe I am supposed to say his daughter resembles him. Either way, he looks great, and so happy.

The cake was lovely. It looks so sweet and feminine. I don't know why I thought you were baking. Yes, I am happy there was no cake smashing. I shudder at that thought.

Do they make adult shirts with the bib's sentiment? I want one, if they do.

Tomorrow will be so much fun. Having the photo taken on an actual birthday is very lucky. I hope the weather is as perfect as it can be for spring. I can't wait to read all about the day.

BECKY said...

Greetings, sweet Fiona!! Sure does look like the birthday girl had a wonderful time!! I can't think of a much more delightful milestone than the first birthday of the first child!! What a blessing for you and your family!!

I am doing some organizing and came across my first birthday pic tucked in an envelope of photos my Dad gave to me not long before they both died. I think I'm going to do a post on old pics. So much fun!!

Well dear friend, have a joyful week, and thank you again for sharing Amelie with us, and for your thoughtful, caring friendship!!

Hugs and joy,
Becky

Lois Christensen said...

Love the pictures! Looks like she really enjoyed herself and her toys! Love the little skirt she's wearing but can see her wanting to be free of it! Very adorable, love the cake! Enjoy your day with your hubby and little one. Enjoy the memories of the past year and the new ones you are making today!! Happy Birthday!!!

Elena said...

Happy Birthday, Amelie! You are such a beautiful little girl! Your party sounded wonderful, my little Mary loves balloons too! I know you will enjoy the day with your mom and dad, having your picture taken and seeing the sea shore!

A House FULL of Grace said...

What a joyous day! I am so happy to see pictures of Mummy and Daddy Kay with the birthday princess. And the tutu is adorable, Fiona, your efforts paid off, but you're right, she looks quite content in her stockings and shirt.

What thoughtful gifts she was given. I am anxious to learn how long the xylophone will remain at her disposal. If it does, you will make the short list of mothers with infinite amounts of patience for loud, clanging noises! You have also discovered that balloons are quite complete as birthday gifts themselves, providing hours of entertainment. Each one in my tribe has their first birthday balloon in their baby box, too!

I hope you had some sun breaks today and were able to venture to the shore. A portrait, the sea, and two loving parents sounds like the perfect combination for a proper birthday celebration.

Love to you all, but especially the birthday girl, this evening from Team Somma. Trusting you'll now be able to catch your breath and enjoy a quiet and peaceful week.

~S