Monday 2 March 2009

Who says junk mail is no fun?


Who says that junk mail is no fun? Here I am proving that junk mail is one of the greatest things ever invented - it is practically my favourite thing at the moment!!

Turning it into a great game requires a little bit of forward planning by Mummy. First she needs to wait until I have torn up all the pages of the magazines, leaflets, flyers, and other general toot that comes through the door (being careful to remove all cellophane covers which fascinate me and which I am determined to get my hands on..... Mummy is having to be VERY vigilant on this one!) We have even had a promotional DVD for a holiday firm that Mummy and Daddy are now never going to find out all about!!

Then she waits til I am sleeping, or playing with proper toys that people have bought for me, and she spends a few minutes folding the paper up into little parcels, and triangles, and oblongs; tucking and creasing the paper over and over into little shapes. She pops them all into a little cardboard box we have, and then it's my turn!!

I get the box and take all the paper out, one at a time - unfolding the pages, looking at the pictures, kissing the babies in them, eating the corners when Mummy isn't looking, putting some of it down the back of the sofa, but mainly scattering it all over the place. Putting it back into the box is just as much fun for now!!

I wonder will it be so much fun putting things back when I'm a big girl and Mummy wants me to tidy up my toys??

9 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

As soon as your blog page came up I lol at your picture, sweet baby. Could you hear me across the sea laughing? It is apparent that you are having quite the fun time♥

Anonymous said...

She sure looks like she's having fun. What a great mom to fold all those papers for her.

BECKY said...

How totally adorable and cuddy and precious and, and, and..........

I just want to give her a squeeze!!

It just SO delights my heart that one day she is going to have this treasure penned by her wonderful Mum to pour over and over again!!

Fiona, are you copying and pasting your blog entries into another program so she can print them out in the future?? If not, you really should!! What a treasure trove for her when she is older!!

You're such a blessing to me!! Never would I have imagined that I would be so engaged with a friend across the ocean!! It is my absolute pleasure to read what you write, and follow little Amelie in her tender years!!

This photo could probably win a contest!!

Thanks for sharing it with us, and for all the smiles you have given me!!

Hugs and Joy!!
Becky

Lois Christensen said...

I love that picture!!! My Olivia use to love to play with greeting cards. Around Christmas time, my parents would receive so many that when Christmas was over they would bring them over and she would have the most fun playing with them. Sort of like your little one!

I cannot believe you have never had chocolate covered strawberries. You really must try them!!! They were so yummy and sweet and delicious!!!

akawest said...

Eating the corners!!!! I can easily imagine that activity. It is a good thing that Miss Briana is deaf or she would think I was mad, since I sit here laughing aloud when I read.

It will be interesting to see if Baby Kay is a neatnik or a messy gal.

Jaime said...

It is amazing what small things can bring such joy to our precious babies. I can hear her giggle in the picture. Does she talk much yet??... Wondering what little sounds she makes. I really enjoy your photos. I hope God has it in our plans to one day meet. I have always wanted to travel to Ireland. We have been as far as France and London. Looking forward to more joy from you and your lovely little daughter. Jaime

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I was thinking right away - does she eat the paper and then I read that at the end. (laughing) What a cutie - what a happy face!

Elena said...

Wonderful idea for the junk mail! such a cute picture. My Mary is almost 2 1/2 and she is helping me pick up her toys at night. It took a little coaksing at first but she thinks it is fun now. I was quite surprised. She might me a neat nick:)

Sarah said...

How sweet she is! The simplest toys always seem the most attractive. I tossed (very large) cardboard boxes outside yesterday, and the boys are having a blast pushing them around, imagining them into ships, planes, houses etc. etc.

Every time I see her my fingers start itching to craft sweet little dresses and bonnets. :-)