Monday 30 March 2009

Busy busy busy!

Darling Baby Kay, it has been a busy few days here for us while we have been unplugged!

Saturday saw Daddy and I off to the Culloden to stay for the night, and dinner in Aldens in town. Daddy had booked it some time ago to celebrate our wedding anniversary (which was mid-week when he was away in Spain) and Nanny and Granda had come down to baby-sit for you. I was a bit nervous about us both being away from you overnight, but you had great fun. When we got back on Sunday you were busy reading with Nanny and hardly gave us a second look! I am not even sure you realised we were gone!

Dinner on Saturday was lovely, and we even resisted the temptation to talk about you all the time we were away! It was strange, especially going to bed without stealing my last kiss of the day like I usually do when you are fast asleep, but I have to confess that the lie in on Sunday morning, and leisurely breakfast at the hotel before heading up the road was a rare and very pleasant treat!

On Sunday Daddy took you to B&Q when we got home from our overnight stay. As usual the highlight of any trip out now is the obligatory trolley ride - you get very peeved when you are strapped into your pram if you can see trolleys about! While you were out I finally finished off the last of your birthday 'thank-you' cards, so that I can start the week without too many things carried forward from last week's 'to-do' list!

All in all it was lovely to be away, and Nanny and Granda had so much fun they have said they will happily volunteer to do it again for us. We might just take them up on that!!

9 comments:

Elena said...

Ahh, what a beatiful smile she has! How fun that you went on a little get away for your anniversary. Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you were encouraged by my last post about Hinds Feet on High Places. Such a precious book. I keep it on my book case with all my other favorite books. Have a lovely day, dear friend. Love, Elena

Jaime said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... How many years now???. I am so happy for you to have had that special time together and alone. Many blessings to your relatives for helping you. That time together no matter how quick it seems to go by is so needed. Did you get any pictures of your wonderful dinner or hotel??... Good to see what mom is up to as well. Again give that happy beautiful baby love from all of us. Maybe someday Mom and Dad will travel with Amelie to Las Vegas and let Lindsey and I babysit for a couple nights while mom and dad stay in the big city with lots of lights. Loving thoughts - Jaime

Alice said...

sounds great that you got away with the hubs for a weekend. i know you missed baby kay something fierce! at least she got to have a good visit with the grandparents :O). have a great week !

akawest said...

Yep, she is turning into Miss Independent. Before you know it, there will be suggestions that you and daddy go away, because grandparents are quite a bit of fun.

I love the outfit!

Gary is calling to me to watch a depressing medical show. It is supposed to be fun to watch actors portraying the sick???? I would rather post on and on about Baby kay. Hugs!

BECKY said...

I can always count on you and Amelie for a smile, Fiona!! Thank you!!

I'm so glad you and hubby got some time away. This is our 30th year of marriage, and I'm a firm believer that, as hard as it can be to be away from our little ones, it is SO important to do just that, and connect with our hubbies, and show them how important they are to us, and enjoy each other's company. I believe it delights God to see us investing in one another, too, and that He blesses it!!

We'll be going on a little romantic getaway in April...something we do at least a couple of times a year.

HAPPEE ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Blessings, sweet Fiona!
Hugs,
Becky

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a little doll, cruising around in the trolley☺

Happy Anniversary to you and your dh. I'm glad you had a good getaway, and you know you left your dear baby in such good hands♥

Lois Christensen said...

She looks so adorable in the grocery cart!!! What a smile!! Hope you're enjoying a beautiful week...the sun is finally out here!!!

Lois Christensen said...

Oh, forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary!!! How wonderful to be able to get away for some time alone!! What great grandparents little Baby Kay has!!!

A House FULL of Grace said...

I think Daddy Kay deserves an award if he's the one who took the picture of Baby Kay in the trolley for today's blog post...