Tuesday 10 March 2009

Busy, busy, busy!!

Dearest darling - it seems like our feet haven't touched the ground over the last 2 days.

We spent most of yesterday trying to organise ourselves for your upcoming birthday - I have been trying to source your present - you are getting a little wooden trolley/truck full of wooden blocks for stacking and playing with, but 'Shhhhh.. It's a secret!' And then we went and booked for us to take you along on the day itself to have a proper portrait photograph taken of you. There is a lovely place in town which does modern, funky ones that are bright and vibrant, and I think will capture your personality better than the more traditional sort.

Today, before Jo Jingles we went and ordered your birthday cake, and I bought all the tulle and ribbon to make your tutu!! I have spent this evening working on it, and Daddy even modelled it for me so that I could make sure all the little layers are evenly spread around, but again, 'Shhhh... That's a secret Daddy would like us to keep!!' I am going to let you play with it a little over the next few days so that you aren't completely freaked out by it on the afternoon of your birthday tea - you sometimes react rather unexpectedly to 'surprises' we spring on you, so it's better you get accustomed to it in your own time!

You finally have all 4 top front teeth at one stage or another - all there, and all clearly visible. You have been chewing on absolutely everything you can lay your hands on lately - from the strap of your car-seat to my watch strap. Despite the new teeth this has not abated, you are just moving things round to the side of your mouth to hum and haw at them - so I am wondering if this is where the next teeth appear. You are even (finally!) using the cooler teething ring I bought for you when you were 4 months old and cut your first 2 teeth. You have never used it - and when I used to try to put it in your mouth for you to give you the general idea of what to do with it you just used to hold it in there, looking at me, and eventually let it drop out! I am glad it proved useful in the end, albeit another 8 months down the line!

Sweet dreams, and love always my darling x

6 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I'm enjoying learning about your precious baby's first birthday plans. Can't wait to see more pics♥

Jaime said...

It is really great of you to recognize her fears and concerns so early on. Like realizing that her personality doesn't take on for big surprises and to help ease her into her big day. I hope she has the best 1st birthday ever. What beautiful eyes little Amelie has. Much love. jaime

A House FULL of Grace said...

Ummm...where's the picture of Rod modeling the tutu? :o) I think this needs to be posted on the same day you unveil the video of you singing "the wheels on the bus." Amelie NEEDS to know how her parents demonstrated a complete lack of inhibition and considered her welfare above their own reputations! :o)

So happy her teeth have popped through. What a feat! And of course she wouldn't take the teether when you offered it, don't you know Little Red Hens are notorious for doing it their way, in their timing?

I think you'll find that the birthday gift you've selected for her is one of the best investments you'll ever make. My older kids still play with their wood blocks on a regular basis, and anything with wheels is a sure hit.

Sweet dreams to all in your household, dear friend. Thinking of you much ~S

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the tutu and other picutres from the birthday celebration. Hope you're not getting too overwhelmed with the preparations.

akawest said...

I can't wait to see Baby Kay in her tutu. You are amazingly talented in being able to whip up something so special.

You are the bestest mum in the world. The birthday celebration will surely be loads of fun.

So sorry to read that you had a migraine. Gary shares those with you. He spent the entirity of yesterday, hiding the fact that he was in pain, so as not to ruin the day at Disney. I always carry medicine in my purse. Had he admitted to the pain, I could have helped. Men!!!!

Elena said...

How exciting getting ready for the party. I made Mary a little tutu that she wore to her 2nd birthday party. She just loved it! I know your little girl will look so cute in her tutu!