Monday 16 March 2009

Things are seldom what they seem....

It may look like I'm brushing my teeth with the wrong end of my toothbrush, and driving around the dining table with an empty bottle in my hand, but you have actually just caught me on a musical interlude..... I am really practising my drumming in case anyone buys me a drum kit for my birthday.....

There is a rumour circulating that my cousin S might be buying me a xylophone, so I am getting in all the practice I can in the meantime.

For the record for any other babies who are reading, if you don't actually have any drums to bang just try the radiators, the TV screen, any empty household appliance boxes - they work just as well, but you might have to move quickly if your Mummy catches you. She's apt to move you along quick-smart especially if the radiators are on!!

Anyhow, if you are completely stuck then you can just sing!!

7 comments:

akawest said...

Drums are a great gift for other people's children!!!!

I am starting to believe that Baby Kay's wardrobe must be extremely large. Has she ever worn an outfit twice? Hehehe--I got it, you don't have time for the drudgery of laundry, as that would take you away from your darling. You simply buy clothes and pitch them. Your secret is safe with me.

Anonymous said...

It might be time for her to advance to pots and pans...

Alice said...

singing's fun but banging on pots is even more fun! i used to bang on plastic bowls when i was little - i remember that very well. mom's nice pots were out of the question, but plastic bowls were allowed :O). yay!!!

Anonymous said...

keys are a real pleaser for banging from babes

A House FULL of Grace said...

Sing 'the Wheels on the Bus,' right? Love Baby Kay's creative genius relative to musical instruments. And a xylophone sounds fun...but Lisa's right, most parents don't buy them for their own children!

Lydia has dually noted Baby Kay's banging suggestions...and Aiden and Sig have spent the afternoon demonstrating just how it's done. We're going back to the 'Wheels on the Bus' tomorrow though.

Hoping the tea plans are under control and a Happy St. Pat's Day to our favorite family in Northern Ireland.

Elena said...

That is an adorable picture! Have fun sweet one, drumming away:)

Heidi Pocketbook said...

How about Tupperware? Do you have that over in your neck of the woods? A cupboard full of Tupperware can keep a wee one entertained for hours ;-)

Yes, noisy toys are what you buy other peoples' children. Youngest bil was great at buying his nieces and nephews noisy toys before he had his own kids. I make it my mission to find the noisiest toys I can for gift giving to his children, lol!