Thursday 26 March 2009

Post from the Prairie!!

Darling Baby Kay - tonight we have a very big thank you to send across the Atlantic to 2 very, very special people. Lovely Lisa and Prairiegirl have sent you the most wonderful box for your birthday, full of lovely things!

We had to go and pick the parcel up from the post office this afternoon, as we were out this morning when the postie tried to deliver it. As with all post to the house, you had to have a good inspection of it before anyone was allowed near it to start opening it. When it's being opened you do this strange arm flapping - up and down like you are trying to lift off. I think it's excitement, but it could also be your way of telling me to stop taking photos and hurry up and open the parcel!!


Inside was a gorgeous birthday card with Winnie the Pooh on the front. It has twinkle and glitter on it too, and you have had great fun scrunching your nails on the twinkle to hear the noise. When I was bathing you tonight you still had little bits of twinkle in your hair! It seems so strange to think that only a few days ago Prairegirl was writing your card and now it has made it's way halfway round the world!









And also the most beautiful top - your first Disney shirt!!! All the way from their holiday in Florida. Unfortunately I couldn't get you to hold the top up, or even let me set it on your knee - because once you saw that there was a big Disney label on it, you were just past yourself with excitement and kept grabbing the label and waving it about triumphantly, or trying to put it in your mouth!









There was a brilliant book on signing for babies - with colourful pictures and flash cards, so that when Prairegirl comes to visit us you and she will be able to chat away! You really loved the flashcards, and the book was a fantastic diversion while I was making your dinner and you were waiting in your high chair!!

Your favourite sign is teddy bear - I am having to learn them fast, because you keep pointing to the pictures in the book and then looking at me, as much as to say 'What's that one then!'

And there was also a more grown-up book on signing, for when you are a little bigger. This didn't stop you insisting on being allowed to look at it for yourself now - and make sure that I wasn't going to sneak it away for myself!


















And there was even something in there for Mummy. You know when you have met someone who is very special, with a kind and thoughtful heart, when they send you a gift you never realised you needed (indeed never knew existed) because they DID know that you needed it, having remembered something you said a long time ago. Lisa, you are a complete sweetheart.
Lisa even snuck some great magazines into the box that you can't get here in Northern Ireland - so I will be enjoying a flick through those this evening in bed while Daddy is away.

What a wonderful parcel - and thank you again so very much to the very special people who sent it to us - your kindness is so much appreciated, and will not be forgotten.

7 comments:

akawest said...

We are so very happy that the t-shirt tag was tasty!

Thank YOU for this blog. Without your writing, and super photography skills, this family would be missing out on watching your beautiful daughter as she grows.

Prairiegirl said...

Your welcome. Her face look adorables when she look on the sign book. Have a good weekend! It is Basic signs for younger ones so later kids can learn A-Z signs and more advances signs when older like age 5-7 and still learning new signs. I remember my very first sign when i was one or earlier. I learned sign "Turtle" from my school when I joined 2nd school, moved to deaf school from school that for oral kids who speak not signs.

Jaime said...

What beautiful photos. Fiona and Amelie... you are both loved by all. My curiosity is getting the best of me and maybe you can post a view from your window. Lindsey and I were wondering what you see from your front or back window. For us living in a desert in Nevada it is hard to imagine the fields and wonders of Northern Ireland. Much love to you both. What fun gifts... Loving thoughts your way. Jaime

BECKY said...

Hi beautiful friend!!
I am so delighted that Amelie and her sweet Mum got such a cool gift!! It couldn't happen to two sweeter gals!!

I'm doing better!! Thank you so very much for your prayers!! I so appreciate you, Fiona. What a blessing you are!! I'll write you tomorrow when I get back from the beach!!

Have a great day!!
HUGS and joy,
Becky

A House FULL of Grace said...

Amelie's obvious delight with her package is absolutely contagious. I love your description of the bird-flap...I can see it!

How wonderful for Prairie Girl to include signing books. My kids started learning basic sign in preschool. We were at the store one day when a man was trying to communicate with a check-out clerk. AJ, four at the time, said, "Mom, he can't talk" and proceeded to tap the man's leg. He looked down and AJ gave him the sign for "friend." The man teared up and did his best to communicate that AJ and Avery needed to keep learning sign because it made his heart so happy. By the end of our interaction, I was in tears too.

We have since found some wonderful DVD's called "Signing Time" that Amelie would probably enjoy even within the next year. They're fun and interactive and the kids learn a lot. American Sign Language is also offered as a foreign language at our local high school which I think is fantastic.

Praying you are all well and gearing up for a wonderful weekend. Love to you all.
~S

Elena said...

Wow, that was so special. Loved seeing what was in the box and how Amelie responded. She is a very smart little girl:) Have a wonderful weekend with your lovely family. Blessings, Elena

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Loved the photos. I think that Lisa and pg have very good taste, and how sweet to send you measuring utensils so you and your sweetie can cook up some tasty treats.

I've missed making the rounds lately; know I'm always glad to see you☺