Wednesday 25 March 2009

Multi-tasking.....

Dearest Baby Kay - tonight Daddy is in Barcelona and it is just us girls. You have gone down tonight in top form after a lovely bath and a busy day visiting Grandma. She is always so pleased to see you, and is very excited about baby-sitting this coming Saturday night.

When we got home and I was sorting out the washing you were tearing about the kitchen in your walker with your sippy cup. I am trying to move you away from your baby-bottles for milk so that we can eventually drop them altogether, but at the minute since you are still doing a lot of spilling and dribbling we are sticking to practising with water! I have warned you about drinking and driving, but to no avail - you just pull up, throw your head back and glug your water! It is very funny to watch and you get all excitable when it comes out too fast and splashes up your nose! At times like these I am glad for tiled floors and a quick mop!!

Goodnight my darling, sweet dreams of Daddy to you until he gets home x

4 comments:

akawest said...

The photo made me laugh aloud. It is very impressive that baby Kay is drinking from a sippy cup. Allie literally refused to do it.Right past her one year old birthday, we went out for dinner and ate lasagna. I guess the saltiness of the food made her give in to using a sippy cup, when she realized no bottle was coming her way. Geez, I was a meanie.

The Tupperware ball toy is a classic. I remember my cousin, Jan, owning one. She is your age! I bought one for Allie. I was always concerned she would hurt her fingers when it was pulled apart. I don't recall either of my daughters getting injured, but in case Baby Kay has super strength and can yank it apart, watch her tiny fingers. I sound like my mother!

I hope the time passes quickly until romantic daddy is back home.

Jaime said...

I was glad to finally catch up on all my favorite blogs to visit. Looks like you don't have a little baby anymore... What a beautiful little one year old I see. Love to you both this week. Hope you have nice weather and know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Love Jaime

Elena said...

What cute and funny picture! It is so fun watching them learn new skills:)

A House FULL of Grace said...

I think I'd be able to go to bed in top form after a bath and a busy day with Grandma, too. Does babysitting mean you and Daddy Kay are getting a night out to yourselves?

I love the picture of Baby Kay chugging her water. It is definitely one for the keepsake box. I am so happy that she continues to be content in her walker. How things have changed from just a few short weeks ago when you were having to pop in on her singing "the wheels on the bus." She is growing and changing every day, Fiona, it is evident even from afar, and I know it is bittersweet.

All our love to you lovely ladies this evening. Praying you are well and that Daddy Kay arrives home safely.
~S