Tuesday 24 March 2009

One year, and one day!

My darling Baby Kay, today we are almost back to normal service! We had great fun at our Jo Jingles morning. You do a lot of bopping along to the music, and recognise many of the regular tunes. We only have a few weeks of term left, but we are already registered for next term. Taking you along to Jo Jingles was one of the best things we ever decided to do, you have so much fun with the other babies, and love the music and songs.

You spent most of your day at home playing with your new birthday presents. Yesterday I packed away a few of the things you got at Christmas into a box in your nursery, so that in a few weeks time I can swap them over again and you can have 'new' toys you forgot you had. We decided to do this because you seemed so overwhelmed by how many things you had to play with here in the sitting room. You just kept pointing at things in slight bewilderment, and when they were fetched for you (as you are still resolutely determined not to shuffle or crawl towards them yourself!) you just looked at them, and then pointed to something else. I think that if we have fewer things for you to play with at a time you will get more chance to play with them and enjoy them - at least that's what we hope!! You don't seem to mind though - in fact I am not sure you have even noticed they have gone!

4 comments:

akawest said...

Do I spy the famous block trolley?

Is Baby Kay wearing a bracelet?

From what toy did the yellow shapes come? I ask, because Briana's favorite toy was a shape sorter with similar pieces.

Toy rotation is a wonderful idea.

Sarah said...

Of course!!!! You're welcome (any time) at all of my places in cyberspace!!!

Toy rotation is a great idea ~ we've just started at my house. Why didn't I do it earlier? (6 and 4 yr old). The toy room is bursting at the seams!

A House FULL of Grace said...

Jo Jingles sounds like so much fun. I can picture Baby Kay doing the Baby Bop Hop to the music and it makes me smile! So glad you are both enjoying it and planning to do it again. It's a happy thing when Mum and daughter find activities they enjoy together.

I'm thinking I need you to come in and help me with toy rotation. It's something I've always known I should do, but after almost seven years still have not. I get overwhelmed and simply go through the playroom and donate the excess to the local thrift store, making my husband crazy when I insist on buying for baby #4 what baby #1 had already owned!

Love to you both this evening, dear friend.
~S

A House FULL of Grace said...

P.S. I see you were quick to learn the trick to Amelie's new xylophone... don't show her the side with the keys and let her use it upside down.

Very clever, Fiona, very clever. See, you do have this mum thing figured out...and it only took you once!

Love to you and that darling baby of yours tonight!
~S