Friday 13 March 2009

I can't help it..... I'm teething....

And so the teeth continue to grow!

Darling Baby Kay we had a lovely morning over at Oxford Island with L & Baby I, but while she is tortured with an unexplained outbreak of hives, you are just trying to lay your hands on anything you can chew. Everything is soggy at the minute - your skittles, your Moo, my watch, the end of your bib, the TV remote, the facecloth in the bath, the zips on your jackets, the coasters - nothing is safe from getting a good chew or hum!

Now when someone calls on Daddy's mobile you can't hear them talking because you have sucked and chewed the end of it and somehow frizzled the workings!

I handed you a mini-gingerbread man this afternoon while you were tootling about in your walker and where you used to hold his head and suck his little legs and arms til they were all gundgy and mushy, today you just grabbed him in the middle and bit his head clean off in one go. While I had a deep breath moment wondering whether I should whip you out of the walker and turn you upside down to get it, you just shuffled his head around in your mouth, chomping away and dribbling all down your chin.

Bless you though precious darling, because you are not being the slightest bit grumpy about it. In fact, if I pick you up and have my sleeves rolled up, or have my arms bare, you are quite happy to lean over and give me a little lick for good measure. I love you to the moon and back my darling x

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Fiona, thank you for the wonderful sentiments regarding my Aunt. We all knew that day was coming cause she was ill for a while. I just needed to share with everyone the great impact she had on my life. Anyway. I hope Little Amelie's Teething does not get too bad. We will pray for her little teeth. I remember Lindsey teething and I thought I would put some baby anbesol (for numbing) on my gums first to see how it felt. My whole mouth went numb and lindsey got a kick out of mom drooling more than her. Too funny. Loving Thoughts. Jaime

BECKY said...

Hi sweetie!! Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. I certainly am blessed with the people I have met in the blogosphere.

The way you write for Amelie is so delightful, and so much fun to read. I can almost hear you saying it as I read.

I always feel joy after leaving your blog!! Thanks so much for being wonderful you, Fiona!
Blessings,
Becky

Elena said...

What a little darling she is. Getting teeth is such a great advantage to eating but quite a process for them to endure. Thank you for the birthday wishes. My husband loves tobasco sauce on his eggs. He taught Mary to say "Tobasco" with a deep throaty voice. So, now she says it like that all the time and we just laugh and laugh at her. It is so cute how children mimic what you say and do!

Anonymous said...

I love how you say I love you to the moon and back. It reminds me of that nursery rhyme

I see the moon
and the moon sees me

The moon sees the somebody I'd like to see.

God bless the moon
and God bless me

God bless the somebody I'd like to see!

Lois Christensen said...

I can honestly say I so feel better when I leave your blog!! I love seeing the pictures of your little one. It brings back so many happy moments for me when my two were little. I remember the teething and don't want to go back to that!!! Enjoy your little one! Thanks for the wonderful words you always leave for me on my blog!!!

A House FULL of Grace said...

Hearing people talk through the mobile is highly over-rated (and a nice way to know you can talk as much as you want without being interrupted!), but I suppose Daddy Kay will have to get a new one regardless!

I am pleased to know you are starting Baby Kay early on tasty treats like gingerbread men...isn't it funny that she knew to go for the head first? Hmmmm....I'll try not to let myself think too deeply on that...

So glad she's faring well with these new teeth; wish she was closer to give Lydia a few pointers.

Love to you all this evening, dear friend.