Sunday 15 March 2009

Calm before the storm!

Darling Baby Kay, this week is going to be a very busy one. I am sitting here on Sunday evening, looking at the planner for the week ahead, and my diary, and the list of things that I still need to do for your birthday tea next Saturday, and the things I still need to make, and buy - and I feel like I should go and make a cup of tea instead!

Fortunately this week Daddy is home all week, and we have Tuesday off for St Patrick's Day, so I have lots of help (and someone to keep those cups of tea coming thick and fast!)

Today we went to Rushmere together while Daddy went to church - our kettle blew a fuse last night and to try to manage without one would be very tricky! I managed to boil water on the hob this morning for your bottle and a cup of tea - but a replacement kettle needed to be bought! Perhaps I need to review the number of times it is used each day to try to get more than 12 months out of this one!

We also got a loaf tin for me to make the sticky lemon cake I wanted to have a crack at before the weekend. Your birthday cake is ordered, but I want to have some other things for people to have in case Victoria Sponge is not their thing! Everyone should have something sweet and sticky with a cuppa!!

8 comments:

Alice said...

sounds like a busy week ahead of you. busy, but fun with a tea coming up! go sit down and have a cup of tea now and enjoy the rest of your week :O)

Jaime said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin to tackle a very important week. You only turn 1 once. I know having Mommy's attention all day with friends family and presents will be marvelous. Amelie will feel your accomplishment and relief that day and enjoy her birthday even more. Loving Thoughts. jaime

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Amelie looks so wistful in today's picture! I can only imagine how long your to do list is this week, and I hope all the important stuff gets done☺

If it's any encouragement, we moved the day of oldest dd's first birthday. Not something I would recommend, but we had the "manpower" available that day so we had to take advantage of it--but it made for quite a trying day!

Thanks for all of your encouraging words and blog visits♥☺

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy... Lemon cake? Yummmmm
Ah the age of 1 - just give her your full attention - family and friends can take the pictures of you laughing with her. ;)

Elena said...

The birthday tea sounds wonderful! I know all about the business of preparation but I it is so fun once the time arrives! I know your little one will enjoy the pictures and stories of her first birthday when she gets older:) Hugs, Elena

BECKY said...

Hi Fiona!!! How's my friend?? I will certainly pray that you have a splendidly easy week, and get all you need to accomplish done!!

What an exciting milestone!! I remember it so well!! Can't wait to see pics of the gala celebration!!

Keeping you in thought!!
Blessings,
Becky

Lois Christensen said...

What a beautiful picture!!! Hope you get all the work done for the coming event!! Must be exciting. I so remember my children's first year birthdays. Lots of fun! Post lots of pictures!!

A House FULL of Grace said...

Baby Kay looks like she's contemplating what she will do with the Victoria Sponge AND the sticky lemon cake when she gets her hands in it!

Congratulations on your new kettle. Isn't it amazing how the seemingly mundane things of life become so important and exciting?! Here's to hoping it lives a long, productive life!

Go easy on yourself this week, dear friend. Don't let the details overwhelm you and snatch the fun from the celebration. I am thankful Daddy Kay is home and that you have a holiday thrown in for good measure. Hopefully, you'll find yourself twiddling your thumbs with nothing to do as the week draws to a close...is that too optimistic?!:o)

Love to you today. ~S