Monday 19 January 2009

Wet and windy!

Dearest Baby Kay, today we have had a lovely warm day indoors together while it has been blowing a gale outside. Today was one of those winter days where it feels like it is 4.00pm in the afternoon all day; the sort of day where you feel you should draw the curtains and put the lamps on shortly after lunchtime. We even had a flurry of snow this afternoon, but it wasn't very long, or heavy enough to lie. It was a good excuse to stay inside together and keep warm, and get some housework done - and some time together to make up for the lost days at the weekend.

We spent alot of time playing on the floor together and you showed me all new things you are learning to do. Your favourite game at the moment, apart from tearing up any paper you can get your hands on, is moving things from one box to another! You have a little square carton that you got some lovely soft skittles in at Christmas, and a beautiful little Lamaze fishbowl with squeeky, rattley fish and toys! You just tip them all into the floor and then pop them all back in again, and tip them out, and put them into the other one. You could cheerfully entertain yourself for a good 20 minutes before you need something else to change the scene!

This evening I have been batch cooking for you, salmon and broccoli pasta - so the kitchen smells a little pongy!! Tomorrow I will have to air the room, cold weather or not, because Nanny and Granda are coming to see you. You'll be able to show them your new tooth! Yes, finally after weeks of rosy cheeks and a lot of dribbling and gnawing on things your first top tooth is there. You got your first 2 when you were only about 20 weeks old, both on the bottom, within a few days of each other, so I suspect that your top 2 might come as a pair too.

My plan for the next few days is to try to get more organised in the house, so that I use the time I have more productively. There are some very organised ladies out there in blog-land who seem to get a huge amount done in their days, and a schedule might be the way forward! I will have to give this some thought, but for this evening I am just going to read these organised ladies blogs and drink my tea. Maybe there is a way to become organised by osmosis through blog-land? We'll have to see!!

5 comments:

akawest said...

Congratulations to Baby Kay on her new tooth.

Getting things accomplished is overrated. Playing with Baby Kay looks to be a delightful way to spend the day.

Stay warm and enjoy your blog reading.

akawest said...

I wanted to ask if I could have your email address. I don't want to leave some things in comments. Mine is lig712 (at) yahoo.com

BECKY said...

Happee Monday! I want to thank you for your comment today on my blog...I just had something a little upsetting happen and it was a wonderful blessing to read it!

Oh and if you get the "organized by osmosis" thing figured out clue me in, OK?? On second thought, bottle it and sell it...you'll be a millionaire quickly!! ;o)

I say PLAY on the floor!!

Sending sunny thoughts your way!
Blessings,
Becky

Dianna said...

I don't know about you, but my adventures in organization by osmosis are going well, although slowly. There really are some amazing people out there!

Sarah said...

Aww, how cute ~ a first tooth! I can remember the excitement. I went shopping yesterday at a fabric store and thought of little girls as I saw the cutest pink, soft, fuzzy fabric for a sweet blanket. I couldn't resist, I bought a piece even though I have 2 boys!!!! I hope you have a wonderful week! Enjoy the sweetness, work slowly on the organizing, and everything will eventually fall into place ~ blogland osmosis does work! I have been so blessed by the wonderful ladies online who have shared tips and tricks on their blogs for slowly getting things in order!