Thursday 8 January 2009

Fruit and more fruit!!

Darling Baby Kay - today you seem to have eaten an awful lot of fruit the way things have worked out! You had your usual pear puree with your porridge for breakfast, and then when we were out with L and Baby I for coffee you had share of Baby I's mandarin orange - I just bit the little segments in two and gave you half at a time. Once you got over the initial sharp taste you had a blast with it. It is very funny watching you try to chew a piece of orange as it scoots about in your mouth, squashing it between your wee pink gums!!

After your lunch you had half a mashed banana for pudding, and then after dinner this evening you had some chopped up pears and blueberries. Instead of blitzing the blueberries up over the pear I left them whole since you did such a great job with the orange, and you polished them all off. Another step on the road to regular food instead of baby mush!!

I am preparing myself for some funky nappies tomorrow!!

Sleep tight, my darling!!

3 comments:

Moxy Jane said...

Yay! Although, my first thought was, "Ooh, she's going to have a nice poo tomorrow!" Funky nappies, indeed!

It's so much fun to watch our children accomplish so much. This is an amazing time, when they just seem to advance by leaps and bounds...and then they're crawling, walking, talking and camping out in a tent in the backyard;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visiting.

Yeah - another northern ireland blogger.

You little one is adorable, and I am sure will cherish this blog when they are older.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I love how you Irish people talk! Nappies are never any fun, are they, no matter what they had for pudding!