Saturday 24 January 2009

Poor little Darling Baby, tonight you have gone to bed snuffling and cross! You are just struggling to get your head cleared little one. You are off your food and unsettled, but trying hard to not let it bother you when you are playing on the floor, or 'reading' your books, 'or trying to get the remote control for the TV! It is when is comes to lying down it is harder - your little nose is blocked and you can't suck your dummy and breathe at the same time.

Daddy is not home this evening - but you had a great time this morning when we were out shopping. He carried you instead of putting you in your pram, so you could see what was going on and he could keep you close and safe, and make sure you weren't uncomfortable. You are his little princess and he is so clearly your hero!

I have read a quote on another blog - the lovely Becky - and it has made me think about this deeply this evening. My Faith is not all is should be little darling - I have felt at a cross-roads for a few months, that I cannot explain, nor reconcile. But the gorgeous quote and sentiment on Becky's blog has reminded me of the man who's Faith is strong, and who looks after the both of us. He is both our hero - and I think that is a good place to try and start re-focusing myself, and remember all he does for us. Sweet dreams, little darling x

4 comments:

Lorri said...

Hope she gets well soon. We have had it here across the ocean as well. I was totally miserable. Take care my friend.
lorri

akawest said...

Noble fathers have noble children.
~Euripides

Stuffy nosed fathers have...Oh, I am too tired to even attempt something clever. My thoughts are with sweet Baby Kay, in hope that she is well very soon.

Her father sounds like such a good man. Since you chose him, all of the glory is yours. Hehehe

BECKY said...

Hi Fiona!
I hope cutie pie Baby Kay feels better soon! Know that I am praying for her! I'm getting over some of the same messiness!! All I can say is YUCK!!!

Sure enjoy visiting with you, Fiona, and your sweet spirit. Eat well, and get good rest so you don't get sick, too, ok? :o)

Blessings,
Becky

Carla said...

What a beautiful post, blessings to your little one (and you as well;)