Sunday 4 January 2009

Aspirations

As promised yesterday, I have committed my aspirations for the coming year to my blog. I hope that having them here will be a reminder to me throughout the year of the things that meant enough to me at the start of 2009 to commit them to the great ideas repository of the www. And the picture is one I saw and loved - cherry blossom is so beautiful and fragrant, and a real sign of promise and springtime - so very apt for the start of a new year and some new hopes and aspirations.

  • I aspire to cook and eat in a more healthy way in 2009 and lose some of the weight that has been bugging me for longer than I care to remember. I want to be a Yummy Mummy, not a Tummy Mummy!
  • I aspire to spend my freetime more creatively, and not let it get sucked away by the nonsense on the TV. I want to read, write and stitch more in 2009 and make the most of the evenings.
  • I aspire to take some exercise. Any exercise is an improvement on the current situation - and since you love being out and about in your pram, my darling, there is no reason not to wrap you up like toast, put the raincover on and hit the road for a tootle about.
  • I aspire to learn to bake (!!) so that when you are looking for treats I know what went into them as far as I can. There will always be snacks and things I will not be able to make, but there is no reason to not try to learn something new!
  • I aspire to try to be more patient and tolerant when life does not go how I planned, and to learn to breathe deeply and accept the changes that happen along the way.
  • I aspire to try to understand why my faith is so challenged at the moment, and why I feel so detached from something which has been such a key part of my life for as long as I can remember.
  • I aspire to be the best wife and mother I can be to my Darling daughter, and my beloved husband.

I am sure there are other things that will come to me over the next few weeks. I seem to have a very long 'to-do' list this January - so perhaps as things calm down I will revisit this my darling and update you on how things have progressed. All my love x x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are good ones! I love the "Tummy Mummy" quote. Too funny!

Alice said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - you come over and visit as many times as you want :). I'm watching your blog too. (Your cherry tree is beautiful!) Hopefully your aspirations will go well. I need to do a few of the things you've mentioned myself. Might not be a bad idea for me to make my own list :). Thanks for the great idea :).

Moxy Jane said...

This is a wonderful list and I have faith you will accomplish many, if not all, of these! I did not make too many hard and fast resolutions, but do aspire to lose weight by eating better and exercising more, spend more quality time with my family and LAUGH MORE!! I've been taking things way too seriously for probably all of my life, so let's see how quickly I can turn that around, HA!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am looking forward to reading more of yours.

Happy New Year

MoxyJane
Austin, TX