Wednesday 14 January 2009

5 things

Darling Baby Kay - today I am going to give you a little list of 5 things I love to do when you are asleep during the day!! I am not talking about the things that I do which are part of my daily routine - rather those little surprise things I do - when you sleep for 2 hours rather than an hour and a half, and suddenly I have an extra half hour in my afternoon that I didn't expect to get!
  1. Read something - at the minute I am reading 'The Olivetti Chronicles' which is a collection of the articles written by the late, great John Peel. When you are older and wondering why your Mummy has such weird taste in music I will give you this book, and that one that went before it (Margrave of the Marshes) and it may go some way to helping you out!

  2. Sit on the settee, with my feet up and put on hand cream after hand cream after hand cream. Because I am in and out of water all day, with dishes and laundry, and changing nappies my hands are about 20 years older than the rest of my body right now. Daddy gave me a voucher for a deluxe manicure and hand massage as part of my Christmas present, and I am going for it next Saturday. In the meantime I am hoping that my hands will calm down before the rest of me catches up to the same age!!

  3. I straighten my hair! I go upstairs and heat up my straightners and give myself a 'do'! Normally I just blowdry in the morning, or go au naturelle - but lately au naturelle is a little too 'Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle.' I hope you do not grow up to have hair like mine - it is thin, but wavy - so it grows up and out - old lady bouffant stye, rather than long and lustrous. For that reason it stays short in an attempt to keep it tamed, but still develops it's own unique kinks and twists, especially if I am trying to make an effort to look nice and it is in an evil mood!

  4. Have a hot cup of tea. You have no idea how wonderful this is. To not have to get halfway down and realise that there is a funny looking top on my tea because it is going cold and grey. A hot cup of tea (and at the minute 2 or 3 Quality Street chocolates while we eat up the last of the Christmas goodies!) is a great way to spend 10 minutes!

  5. The crossword! If we still have the Belfast Telegraph paper from a Saturday night I will have yet another go at solving a bit more of the cryptic crossword. I have managed to complete it once - only ever once in my life - and I submitted it for the prize. But the odds aren't great of winning something like that, particularly if you only manage to do it once!

So when you are bigger, and wondering what on earth Mummy was doing while you were sleeping during the day, this is it. One of the above, or blogging!!

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Ohhh...how sweet! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your friendly comments. I will definitely mail you your prizes if you win! Overseas or not! Your baby is absolutely precious. My youngest is 10, oldest 27, grandbaby 3 1/2!!
Joyful blessings to you, sweet new Mommy!!
Becky

akawest said...

That was just the most heartfelt posting. Baby Kay will appreciate it the most when she is a mother, herself. It is funny how that works.

Alexandra (PG) has only lately started to understand that I our lives changed when she was born. I was only three years older than she is right now, when I gave birth.

I will have to email you a photo of my hair. No one, and I mean no one has this sort of hair. It used to be very thick and frizzy. It is now thin and frizzy.

My hair can not be straightened. It simply sticks out. This was proved at a salon. The gasps from the stylists mouths were audible.

Both our daughters use flat irons. They did not inherit my hair, although Briana's (BG) hair is quite curly.

I never made it to the library. It snowed more. BG is staying home from chess club.

Libraries could have all sorts of interesting activities taking place. The quiet ones are always the wildest. You never know about the librarians!

I always have had fantasies of a wild romp in the stacks. As if that will happen in my lifetime. I am sure it sounds much more romantic than it would be.

I have never been to Ireland.(I am looking forward to reading more about it. As if you aren't busy enough, now I want to read about where you live) My father and stepmother have. I will have to ask my father what part. I know of all of his travels, he liked it there the most. My husband has been to England on an extended business trip. He had a great time there, arriving home a football fan. He watches it on TV.

Have you been to the US? I have not been out of this country in many years. I once spent a summer in Europe. My passport is now expired. :(

A woman came unannounced (my realtor forgets to call)yesterday to see our house, only to find me with hair looking frightful. It is so sad, that it is funny. I was dressed in pajama bottoms, a sweatshirt and my husband's giant fleece top. I looked insane, but warm.

I wish we could enjoy a cup of tea together. I am going to make one in a few minutes. :)

Femin Susan said...

Hello…….
Your baby is absolutely precious. Your blog looks awesome with photos. It looks breathe taking and too good for words. I like your blog……

Bridget said...

I couldn't thing of 5 better things to do! What fun for your sweet girl to know the things that her Mommy enjoyed!!! Hope all's well!!!

- Bridget