Sunday 18 January 2009

Home again!

Finally home to our own house after a lovely weekend in Bristol; even if I did miss you, Darling Baby Kay, and Daddy too. It was wonderful to see R&C and to meet my gorgeous little nephew after all this time, but I missed you every moment I was away. When I wakened in the night to hear little M crying for his Mummy I was bolt upright in bed for a minute before I realised it wasn't you crying, and it wasn't me who was needed.

My flight out on Friday night was delayed 2 hours which was a pain, but I got there in the end. R picked me up in Birmingham to drive to their house. It was lovely and warm inside, on such a cold and windy night - and we had a late supper before bed. I can't get over how tiny M is compared to you. He was 9 weeks old on Saturday and is so wee by comparison, now that you are becoming quite the big girl! The amazing thing is he is 8lbs 5ozs in weight, and you were 8lbs 30zs when you were born. I was looking at him and thinking simultaneously - 'How little he is' and 'How on earth did I ever push a little person that size out!!!' I suppose size is all relative, but I am so conscious of how fast you are growing, and to enjoy all that we have while we have it.

We went out for lunch on Saturday, and spent the rest of the day just relaxing. It was lovely to have some more time with Auntie C and find out how things have been going for her over the last few weeks. She and R seem to be coping incredibly well with all the changes a new little person brings with them. Like most new parents they wouldn't say no to a little more sleep, but M is feeding and sleeping well for them, and they are starting to get back to a sense of normality. It was great to feed and cuddle such a tiny little one too. Now that everything is so new and exciting to you, Baby Kay, it is very tricky getting you to sit still long enough to get a cuddle before your attention is taken with something else - and a kiss is a real priviledge that has to be sneaked when you aren't paying attention, and don't manage to get your hand in to block it!! Little M is currently still quite happy to lie in your arms and be kissed and cuddled as long as you like!

Coming home was great - even if the landing was rather hairy! Coming down into Belfast City Airport, up the Lough and over the houses, there was quite a stiff breeze and rather a lot of tipping left to right onboard. There were a few bumps onto the tarmac before we stopped, and I was glad I skipped breakfast, as I felt a bit green!

Now that I am home it is business as usual! The washing machine is going, I am planning what needs to be done for the week ahead and Daddy is relaxing after his weekend flying solo with his girl! You had a great time together - I am pretty sure you didn't even notice I was gone. But you were very calm and patient with me when I was trying to clean your nose after the bath - so maybe you do know that this is a return to normal, and deep down maybe you did notice, and are glad to have us all back under the same roof.

Am very much looking forward to kissing you goodnight my darling, and then getting into our own bed again. It is so easy to take these things for granted, but tonight I will be so grateful to be doing them once more. Sweet dreams, little darling x

4 comments:

akawest said...

I am so glad to hear your trip was enjoyable. I thought about you, and Baby Kay and her dad, as I was doing not much at all, except complaining about the snow and cold. Gary has learned to ignore me and since Briana is deaf, she simply turns her head to block me out.

Thank you for such kind comments on my blog.

I am looking forward to a new week of Baby Kay photos. I know how some people say that all babies are cute, but this is not true. Baby Kay is way cuter than most. You already know that, of course.

My mom wore Channel No5, also. No one can wear scent around me, any longer. I developed asthma at age 26. I used to miss perfume, but breathing is sort of an importance. Do you wear perfume? If so, what do you like? Before the asthma, I liked Opium for night, White Linen for day. I would imagine they sell some of the same products there, as well as different ones. I at least hope there are some differences. It makes for a boring world with so many chain stores.

I know this sounds utterly odd, but I have a feeling that one day we shall meet. As I type that, I picture my daughter, Alexandra, telling me that I am absolutely crazy for telling a new blogger friend that I have a feeling...well, I do.

I am thinking I already wrote this to you. If that is true, so sorry. I tend to repeat myself. I do that IRL, too.

Pleasant Dreams

Lorri said...

So happy that you had a wonderful trip. We have been busy this weekend, so today I have been trying to tidy the house a little. Baby K sure does look like daddy!!Have a great week.
Lorri

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sure you were so happy to see baby Kay and Daddy too. Glad you had a good visit.

Hope you have a great week!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks for coming by and visiting me. Your little baby is precious. I know you must be thrilled to be home.