Tuesday 27 January 2009

Hello Daddy!!

Darling Baby Kay, since Daddy is in Barcelona this week I am going to use your blog to upload a picture of you each day with a little synopsis of what you were doing, so that he can log in from Spain and see what you have been up to!

You are well over your snuffles and back to your wee self again. We had Jo Jingles today and there are some new Mummies and Babies so we are back up to a class of 8 again. Your favourite part is still doing the Fancy Dance, and the quiet time before the end with the bubbles. Once you get crawling or toddling, sweetie, a whole new world will open up to you, for you are just raring to go when the music starts - if you could just work out how!

After lunch today you had some strawberries. They aren't in season so I was a bit worried they would be too tart, but you had great fun with the wee pieces - that's another different fruit you have tried. You are such a delight to feed - I hope it continues when you are feeding yourself and you'll still be prepared to give new things a go! You had your bath and bottle and have gone down to sleep happy and rosy-cheeked in one of your new sleepsuits. I have unpacked some of the next size up ones we got when you were born, so you have a bit more room to wriggle!

I have settled down for an hour to catch up on some emails now with my cup of tea - and will be joining you very soon upstairs in bed for an early night. We have a busy day tomorrow - we are heading up to Carrickfergus to see Nanny for lunch which will be great fun for you (providing you doze in the car - fingers crossed!) I have posted a link for Carrickfergus for Lisa - because she astonished me in an email yesterday by telling me that her Dad's neighbour is a retired Presbyterian Minister from Carrickfergus - where I grew up and lived for many years, and where Nanny and Granda still live! Such a small world!

I hope that Daddy is getting on fine in Barcelona - and that if he is reading this he knows how much we love and miss him. I hope he isn't working too hard, and that he gets on well in his meetings tomorrow. He is never far from my thoughts, and I know you will be so excited to see him when he gets home, precious Darling. Only 3 more sleeps x x x

4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comment. I love your blog and the pictures of your little baby. How cute! I wish blogging was around when my children were younger. This is a great way to keep track of things...an online diary sort of! My kids are 11 and 16 and at that age where they don't really need me too much, except to drive them everywhere, but that is changing as well since my daughter is learning to drive. Gets a little sad sometimes but then I come to a blog like yours and see your little one and it brings back the memories again! Hope your day is good!!!

A House FULL of Grace said...

What a wonderful way to keep Dad in touch while he is away. Baby Kay is absolutely beautiful...her sweet little cheeks just look so kissable!

Anonymous said...

Baby Kay is always smiling! She is so adorable! Must be all that fancy dancing.

akawest said...

Small world is right! I will have to find out the neighbor's name. If your parents know him, that would be beyond wild. Thanks for the link.

Have fun on your visit tomorrow. I am so happy Baby Kay is feeling better.