Sunday 25 January 2009

Simple Abundance

Darling Baby Kay - I have a great book that I love to read called Simple Abundance. It was given to me by my dear friend KB, and the inscription reads:-

'To Fee, I hope this book changes your life. Love K x o (8-9-2000)'

This book is a daily reminder that I have been friends with K for almost 9 years which in itself is a wonderful thing. But the idea of the book is that you read a section every day and it inspires you, comforts you or gives you reason to think more about what you are doing, in your life, your home, your relationships, with yourself, with others and with your faith. Sometimes it is easy to skim through it, or over it, but sometimes - some days - you read the section for that day and it speaks to you more deeply. Perhaps I am just at a different place those days, or more open to the ideas, or less cynical, or less tired, or more optimistic. I'm not sure. But I am sure my Darling Baby girl that some days I definitely get more out of what I have read than others.

It is at these times as I try to put my Faith back on track and regain what I feel I have lost that I wonder whether there are women out there reading the same book on the same day, thinking the same thing and wondering whether today's thought was written for them too?

4 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

You know, I've wondered that myself. Whether it was reading a devotional book or even sitting in church and hearing the pastor's sermon as if it were tailor-made for me. I think God knows what we need to hear and when we need to hear it.

I hope your little sweetie is feeling better today :-)

akawest said...

I like picturing you reading, feeling comforted, and at peace.

Controlling My Chaos said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's always nice to hear from new people. Your daughter is a little cutie.

A House FULL of Grace said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...so glad it was an encouragment. Wish I could say I have it all figured out, but the truth is, it's a daily working out, and sometimes more of a battle than I'd like to admit.

I have enjoyed getting to know your precious daughter through your posts. Hope we learn more about each other as the days go on.

Blessing and smiles to you!