Tuesday 17 February 2009

Tired, but happier!

Tired, but happier today my darling, that is you! Thankfully even though it took you an age to finally get over last night, and though you were up a few times during the night, once you had your dummy you were right back over. No more tears - and you have no idea how glad I was.

You were very tired today too - you just wanted to sit on my knee and suck your dummy at Jo Jingles (which is a first, you are not usually happy to be handled and prefer to be off doing your own thing on the mat with a cymbal or a drum!) but you had your naps today, and ate really well too, so I think whatever had you bothered is passing on. We just did lots of sitting on the sofa and in your case reading your books (and licking some of the pages - a new thing you have started!) You are not pleased at all at being left on your own, even if I need to pop to the loo, which is another strange development for you, before you were quite happy to entertain yourself.

J next door is going to lend me a baby-walker so that I can bring you into the kitchen with me to scoot about the tiled floor and we can keep each other company. It is tricky making the dinner when you have to pop back to the mat every 30 seconds to wave hello to you!! And if I stop singing at any point that I am out of sight I can be guaranteed you will shout!! I don't think I have ever sung so much in my life as I have over the last 10 days - and you would think that you might be fed up of the countless variations of Wheels on the Bus - but no, once more is never enough for you my darling!

8 comments:

akawest said...

It is difficult when they can't tell you what is wrong. I don't like to think of Baby Kay not being her usual self. I hope tomorrow she is feeling happier.

What songs besides Wheels on the Bus, do you sing? Are you one of those talented mums who can actually sing?

I think next Christmas would be the appropriate time for Santa to deliver a junior drum kit. You don't want to stifle the little drummer girl.

Hugs!

BECKY said...

Hi Fiona!! Aawww...glad our little bloggy star Amelie is doing a bit better!! Hope you were able to get some rest during the day since night time didn't go so well.

It's so fun to check in and see what she and her sweet Mum are up to!!

Huggles!!
Becky

A House FULL of Grace said...

So glad Baby Kay is feeling better this afternoon. For me it has always been bittersweet when someone is under the weather. I love that they want to cuddle, but am sad that they feel under the weather enough to want to slow down.

I had to laugh about Baby Kay needing you to be "right here" all the time. I can just picture you popping in and out of the kitchen, entertaining her with silly songs, stirring spoon in hand, hoping that dinner doesn't boil over! Hopefully the walker will provide her some distraction and comfort. In the meantime, maybe I should send you some new music!

Love to you today and high hopes that you were able to get much better sleep during the night!

Elena said...

She looks so cute reading her book. Yes, this is the age for the strong attachement. Mary would get so upset if she couldn't see me. Now, she is OK with it. It pulled heart strings for me at first, because my little baby is growing up a little more. My mom said that is part of motherhood, that you work yourself out of a job! You are doing a wondeful job with your sweet little one and I know she will grow up to be a well balanced lady someday:)

Jaime said...

Hi - I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your precious baby girl. I can remember when my daughter ( now 10 ) was at the stage where she wouldn't let me leave the room or do anything with out being in my arms. This tends to wear you down quite a bit. If it is your singing which soothes her while you cook did you ever think about recording yourself sing so once in a while you could play the tape and give mom's voice a break??.... Just a thought. Much love to your family. Jaime

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Oh how I remember the days of separation anxiety--not being able to be out of sight long enough to use the bathroom! Oldest dd was content to sit in her highchair while I cooked and talked to her. Once she got wheels (aka baby walker) she started getting into the cabinets and drawers. Learn from my mistakes and get your cabinet and drawer locks on first!

Can't wait to see what BabyKay is up to next☺

Bridget said...

Oh I hope your little sweetie is feeling better! There is nothing worse than when they are sick and can't tell you what is wrong - so helpless!! Well she is still adorable even when she isn't feeling so well! Hope you are having a good week!

- Bridget

Anonymous said...

You need one of those doorway bouncers - course you won't get anything done because you'll be giggling so hard and taking lots of pictures

;)