Saturday 14 February 2009

Sport Saturday!

Evening little sweetie pie!! Today has been sport, sport and more sport!! FA cup football (Swansea v Fulham), 6 nations rugby (Scotland v France, and also England v Wales.) You are in bed but Daddy is watching still more sport while I update your blog and catch up on some emails.

We had some time out this morning - to Sprucefield for some shopping (and to buy a new iron as the old one has finally given up the ghost.) It was a good time to be out as the shops weren't too busy and we were able to get everything with minimum hassle! This afternoon was nice and relaxed - I got lots of quilting fabric unpicked and ironed ready for cutting, and am just taking my time and enjoying the process. I think that knowing I have no deadline, means I don't feel under any pressure to rush it, and I can really concentrate on putting love into every stitch for you.

Today is Valentine's Day too. And you sent your first Valentine card, although you are too wee to sign it - but I did it for you! It was to the first man in your life, the first man who loved you, who held you in his hands before even your Mummy did, and the man who I hope you grow up to marry someone just like. Your Daddy. I think he liked it :)

6 comments:

Lorri said...

Happy Valentines Day! To you and your wonderful family! Fiona, I need your mailing address, if you dont mind. Please email me if you can.
Lorri4915@aol.com
Thanks and have a wonderful evening.
Lorri

akawest said...

Happy Valentine's Day or in your case, night! I wish we were spending it together. The dads could watch sports, while you teach BG and me about quilting. Of course, we would both fight over playing with Baby Kay.

I am so happy we found each other. Eww, this sounds like I am about to romance you. LOL Basically, I suck at showing proper emotions. I like you, Fiona. I like you a lot.

BECKY said...

Hello Fiona...I've told you...that adorable little face showing up on my blog is simply irresistable!!

And Amelie can always make me smile, no matter how I'm feeling!! You make me smile, too, because of your sweet heart, and the way you encourage and edify me and your other bloggy friends!!

Thanks Fiona!!
Blessings,
Becky

Bridget said...

Happy first Velentine's Day sweet Amelie! I bet your Daddy just loved his Valentine card - I'm sure it was the sweetest he ever received. A valentine's day with his sweet girl and a day full of sports what more could a man ask for?! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!!!

Bridget

A House FULL of Grace said...

Oh, that face, just makes me want to hug her! She's developing such a little personality in that tiny body!

So glad you had a peaceful Valentine's Day...ours was very low key as well.

I teared up when I read about Baby Kay's first Valentine to her daddy. You are so thoughtful and loving and it will be a treasure always. Baby Kay is blessed to have you as her mommy and Daddy Kay is pretty lucky too!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

It is fun starting the morning looking at such a sweet pic of BabyKay. I'm sure you all enjoyed her very first Valentine's Day♥