Sunday 8 February 2009

Family Day

Darling Baby Kay - today we have had the most lovely, quiet family day together! We actually started with a lie-in bed, you weren't awake until 7.30 this morning for some reason so we didn't get our usual 6.00am wake up call - or song! I like to think you are singing to us to summon us to come and get you when really you are just chatting away to yourself and Moo!

It had snowed again through the night, and we took you out in your pram all wrapped up. We went out for a walk around town, to the children's play-park, up and over the hill, and it snowed gently the whole time we were out. You just sat happily in your pram looking around, occasionally shouting (and taking your gloves off!) When we got back we were all red faced, bright eyed and the house seemed wonderfully warm even though the heat wasn't on! You had some hot milk and some stew to warm you up, and then we played together and read your books while Daddy was off at church. It snowed lightly the rest of the afternoon, but as evening started so too did the rain, and now we have no snow left to speak of! I am very glad I got this lovely picture of you and Daddy when we were out together while we had the chance!

You are a little bit unsettled this evening. You went down to sleep but wakened up after about an hour; quite upset and disorientated and cross about something. This is so very unlike you darling. You usually go straight over happy and settled, and that is you unless you waken in the middle of the night and need help finding your dummy. I hope you haven't had a bad dream. I am not sure what that would be for a baby, but it would break my heart to think you were afraid or upset about something. I am hoping it was just a noise that has startled you and you get a good night's sleep my love. Sweet dreams, my precious Baby x

6 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Does she not look adorable in her stroller??? I like how you put it when she wakes up in the morning, by her singing to you! My son use to bang on his crib for us to come and get him but my daughter was the complete opposite, content to just lie there until I was ready to get up. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog post this morning!!!

akawest said...

Bundled Baby Kay and daddy, how cute!

I take it a dummy is a pacifier? I was a thumbsucker, so I made sure my babies wouldn't be. Pacifiers make me feel happy. I see babies with them, and I think they must be peaceful. Others always commented on my babies...okay, Allie was older, but still, babies need to suck.

Stew sounds perfect for a winter day. You're such a good mommy.

One day I will write a short, simple comment on your blog. I promise. :)

Bridget said...

Oh I just love this picture with your sweet girl and her Daddy! Could it get any better?! Sounds like a perfect family day! I just love the previous picture of that beautiful girl looking at the snow - I think that needs to go in a frame! I hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend and have a lovely week ahead! Take Care!

- Bridget

Elena said...

I love walking in the snow. It sounded like so much fun being together and enjoying the day! My hubby and I and little Mary had a really nice day too!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

She is such a sweetie!

I have tagged you. Stop by my blog to get the details :-)

A House FULL of Grace said...

Love the picture of Baby Kay and her Daddy on your snowy walk. I, too, am so distressed when my children wake up unsettled from a sound sleep. It haunts me to think about what might be in their little hearts and minds. I am always so relieved when they fall back to sleep and wake up in the morning happy as if nothing ever happened!