Thursday 19 February 2009

Dear Daddy,

Dear Daddy, hello from a cold and grey County Armagh this afternoon!! I wanted to drop you a line and let you know how me and Mummy are getting on while you are in Barcelona. We had a great night sleep (both of us) and have been into town this morning for some bits and bobs. I ate all my lunch and fruit, and have had a great time posting paper into a cardboard box. When Mummy wasn't looking I also chewed the corners off some of the paper, but I am pretty sure she didn't notice. I haven't needed any Calpol today and am taking my naps and feeling in wonderful mood!

I have even had a go in my walker again today after J left it in yesterday. Mummy is drawing up a list of things she needs to do now that I am on the move for real - lovely Heidi warned her about this, and so did her friend Lisa - but secretly Mummy thought they were exaggerating and that it would take me a while to work out how to get to places I'm not supposed to. How did these ladies know I was smarter than Mummy thought I was??

Did you know, Daddy -

1. The lovely plant that sits on the floor by the French Doors needs to go onto a table or a work-top;

2. It only took me 5 minutes to head straight for the cooker and open the grill drawer - Mummy needs to find somewhere that stocks a lock for that;

3. Crashing into ankles is so much fun I wish I had known it earlier;

4. It is easy to cruise and read at the same time - I am a great multi-tasker at 11 months!

5. All the drawers and cupboards need locks - I can reverse and go sideways too so even the ones in the corner are easy to get to now.

6. Drying the tea towels on the radiator is a thing of the past - unless you would like me to wipe the tiles with them for you instead?

7. I am a MUCH happier bunny now that I can see everything Mummy is up to, and Mummy doesn't even have to sing all the time now! Lucky for everyone that!!

Only one more sleep Daddy - I can't wait to see you to show you all the new things I can do - and Mummy can't wait either! We love you x x

9 comments:

Jaime said...

This is an absolutely beautiful post. You have a healthy, inquisitive, and just pretty little girl. Someday you will look back at the little things that are easy to fix and be happy with the small areas you have to keep her safe. As soon as they are old enough for friends and to venture out on their own your concerns will double. I enjoy reading everything you have to say. I am sure her daddy will be oh so proud. Jaime
Happy Thursday

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet post from sweet Baby Kay.

The crashing into ankles comment cracked me up! Sounds like you are going to have your hands full...

BECKY said...

Oh how very much fun!! Aren't her developmental milestones amazing??!! You can see them take place right before your eyes!! I think I see them maybe even better now that I'm a Nana to one!!

I adore this photo, Fiona!!! She looks more like a 3 year old sitting reading!!!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy my far-away friend!! It all is a thing of the past way too soon!!

Joyful blessings,
Becky

akawest said...

I think Baby Kay should take over blogging for her mummy. She has a delightful sense of humor, and is quite skilled at painting a vivid picture of her day.

It is very impressive that she was mobile as soon as she started using the walker, and knew all of the key spots for finding fun.

Soon we will be gettin' ready for the climbing stage tales. That quickly follows walking. There will be much blogging ammunition when Baby Kay takes off by foot.

I nominate Heidi to keep a list of all of the new words we are learning from you. Cooker is today's word. Oh, and bits and bobs. Our English is downright bland compared to yours.

Thanks for alerting me to the fact that you were only a wee bit under the weather.

Your wood looks very pretty. I like the color of the doors.

Prairiegirl said...

How Cute baby! My mom told me about your blog. Thank for visit my blog. Also I have other blog-
www.deafhippie.blogspot.com
My mom told me that you wanted us to visit you in North Ireland. I would love go to North Ireland someday!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I really must learn not to eat or drink while reading blogs, since it can get kind of messy when I start laughing out loud...

Baby Kay, I too am impressed by your writing skills. I think I'll have to accept Lisa's nomination of learning your terms. I'm guessing that the cooker is your stove/range, and that bits and bobs are similar to this and that. It's amazing how such a little girl as yourself can teach this forty-something corn-girl new words!

Baby Kay, I hope you don't give your mum too much of a run for the money now that you have wheels. Don't give her too much excitement too soon, or it will make her hair turn gray.

p.s. I don't know about Ireland, but here in the US there are commuters who read while they are driving. Please make sure that you don't start texting while driving, or your mum may have to take away the wheels....

A House FULL of Grace said...

So glad you and mummy are sleeping better, Baby Kay. What a creative and advanced little girl you are having already discovered that cardboard boxes are a child's best friend (and much lighter on your parents' toy budget)!

So exciting to hear you're up and around, although I'm concerned that you've so quickly learned how to capitalize on your new found freedom. Your mum will have to invest in those cupboard and drawer locks sooner than later (another good reason that you're saving her money on toys!).

Darling Baby Kay, will it distress your mum to know I don't even have houseplants anymore? I was looking back at some pictures of our house from several years ago and remembered "oh yes, that's what I used to have in that now empty corner!" It's also wonderful that you're getting a head start on multi-tasking, as that is a very important skill for a woman to have...you'll someday use it as adeptly as your mum does! And it's nice to know she'll have to spend less time mopping now that you're taking care of the floors with the tea towels...

As I was catching up on some of her older posts, I ran across one that said she doesn't have many dustables around. Neither do I and it's partially because I don't like to dust and partially because I ended up with too many trinkets with broken parts, frames with missing backs, and books with torn pages. Your mum is very wise that she unknowingly gave herself a jump start in this area and neither of you will be any worse for the wear. Someday she'll have houseplants and lovely things again, but it may be a very long time (DV...).

Hoping Daddy's return will bring much delight and many giggles. Tell your mummy hello for me and that I'm looking forward to talking to her soon.

Have a wonderful weekend, Baby Kay. Big hugs to you from over the pond.

A House FULL of Grace said...

PS, I think you should have your mum make a video of herself singing "the wheels on the bus." Now that you're not requesting it so much she might be out of practice next time you need it...and then she could post it on her blog so we can all enjoy it too!

Lois Christensen said...

Okay, that list was too funny!!! Looks like hubby has some work lined up for him!! How big does she look today? As if she's aged overnight!!! Very cute.