Friday 20 February 2009

Friday and Family

Well, we are together again as a wee family under one roof tonight, darling Baby Kay. We have had a lovely wee day getting excited about Daddy coming home, and you have been a joy and a priviledge to be with. You have to most heartbursting laugh when you are surprised by something and it makes my eyes sting and my chest ache when I think of how much I love you.

We have a lovely weekend ahead together - with no plans. Nothing at all except the 3 of us being together and catching up. And maybe some sewing!

I didn't get organised enough today to take a picture of you my darling, so I am going to use one that I took the day after you were born - to remind me of the evenings this time last year when I was sitting with Daddy, rubbing my bump, feeling you poke me when I rubbed your feet, and wondering what you would look like when I finally saw your face.

My beautiful, darling baby girl x

7 comments:

A House FULL of Grace said...

Oh, that picture makes my heart ache too. Such a beautiful, precious, perfect gift you've been given, my dear friend.

And I love your memory of this time last year...the discomfort, pain and anticipation of last February. If only you'd had a glimpse then of all you have now...you had no idea how overwhelming your feelings would be for Baby Kay now that she's here in the flesh and growing and laughing and loving.

To think of how much has changed...and will continue to change from this year to next, I am sure of it.

So glad Rod made it home safely and that you'll enjoy being together this weekend. There is nothing better than the sweetness of life with nowhere to go.

May you relish your time together and take great joy in knowing that God is the giver of all good gifts...and you, my dear, are the abundantly blessed recipient of at least two of these!

~Sara

Melissa said...

She's absolutely gorgeous.

I actually made that wrap. It's just 6 yards of fabric (you're in Ireland though...so I think that is about 5.5 meters) wrapped around. They are about 20 inches wide (sorry, I don't know the conversion for that :). A lot of times you can make three from one bolt of fabric. That's what I did and I am exchanging the other two with two other mommies. You can also buy them (and learn to wrap them if you make one) at www.mobywrap.com

Lois Christensen said...

I recently came across a picture of my Olivia sleeping just like that, just a few days old. How fast they grow!! Even your little one!!!

Enjoy your weekend with your hubby!!!

Anonymous said...

I love to hear you talk about the love you have for your daughter. I bet the two of you have some fun together!

Glad Daddy's home, you all have a wonderful weekend!

akawest said...

Enjoy the unscheduled weekend with your two best people.

No swimming class?

Baby Kay's fans demand daily photos. LOL She was beautiful at a day old.

I am exhausted. If I keep writing, this comment will be even more random than most.

BECKY said...

How very precious, Fiona. I needed a lift, and you just gave it to me!! Had some sad news today, and this week has been a little tough for a couple of my daughters, and me, too.

I hope you know how much joy you add to my days! :o) I would never have imagined having a friend so far away, that I have never met, who would impact my life as you do.
You are a true blessing...you and Amelie. I thank God for the lovely person you are, and for causing our paths to cross. He is SO good!!

May you be richly blessed, Fiona,
Hugs,
Becky

Elena said...

She was such a beautiful newborn! What a precious gift she is. So glad to hear your hubby is home and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Elena