Monday 16 February 2009

The only way to travel....

One of your favourite things in all the world, darling Baby Kay - riding in the trolley when we do the shopping! This is fairly new for you, you were too small for the seat for ages, and wouldn't sit in the 'baby-recliner' style ones without lots of protest! I had resorted to pushing your pram with one hand and carrying what I could manage in a basket in the other (with lots of crashing into the shelves....) But you are now big enough to fit the seat, with a wee blanket tucked under and behind to make it more comfortable. The trollies at Sainsbury's are good too as they have a safety buckle, so even when you wriggle about and try to reach over to see what you can grab as we are going past things you are in no danger of sliding out.

You are very cross this evening and very unsettled little one - and have been for most of the afternoon despite your happy face in the trolley. I think it is the remains of the cold you had, but also I think I can see your other big front tooth starting to show through your gum and I think it may be bothering you. You have slept precious little today, and this evening you have only slept for about 45 minutes before waking again. We have tried Bonjela and Calpol, and cuddles and just about everything we know, but nothing is making you happy. I hope you get some sleep tonight, my darling and that the tears are just because you are tired and cross. It is so unlike you - I hope you are feeling more like your old self tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like she's having fun. I love reading your blog and learning different word for things than I'm used to. It took me a while to figure out that a pram is a stroller. And a grocery cart is a trolley.

akawest said...

Baby Kay sure was dressed in style for shopping. I bet you are having so much fun dressing her in all of that cute pink.

Hopefully, she is getting some rest, while you get some by yourself time, before you head to bed.

A House FULL of Grace said...

Look at that darling baby in the shopping cart! And so stylish too!

So sorry Baby Kay is not her usual self tonight. I pray she settled down for you and slept well. At least if it is her front tooth, you know it will be better once it breaks through, but sometimes the waiting is absolutely treacherous! Maybe she's missing Daddy tonight. Whatever it is, I hope you both wake up rested in the motning!

If not, it looks like another shopping trip might be in order...that certainly seems to agree with her...certainly there is something you forgot!

Love and hugs to you from sunny (I don't get to say that very often!) Camano Island! ~Sara

Lois Christensen said...

I love reading your blog and how your little one is growing and experiencing new things. I know I've said it before, but it brings back so many happy memories for me of my little girl who is now 16. I loved grocery shopping when she was little! Thanks for sharing!!
Hope she feels better soon!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

A trolley! I've not heard that used for a shopping cart or shopping buggy before. I'll have to use that term the next time I'm somewhere with one and see how that goes ;-)

Now I've got the Trolley song from "Meet Me in St. Louis" running around in my head. If you are not familiar with the musical, Fiona, here is a link to the song on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJLIrT_ALs

I hope BabyKay is feeling better today, those toothers sure do a number on little ones. That is definitely the age to watch what they grab in the grocery store. I remember my oldest dd doing a number on a box of Jello while I was happily shopping along.

Have a great day, Fiona!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Friend!! Aren't you so delighted to be at home with your precious little Amelie??!! Think of how much we would miss if we weren't able to be there!!

Even the times when they're unhappy...I wouldn't have wanted mine to need "Mum" and me not be there.

Hope she is back to her normal smiley self!! Those "teefies" coming in can be painful, though!!
:o(

Blessings, Fiona!!
Becky