Monday 23 February 2009

11 months!

Darling Baby Kay, today you are 11 months old!! I write that because so many of the lovely ladies who comment on your blog have mentioned over the last few days how you seem to have grown up overnight, and suddenly look older. Perhaps because I see you every day I don't notice these things so much - but looking back over the photos I have posted here for you I can see that you are really blossoming into a beautiful, blonde, blue-eyed darling girl - and every day my little baby girl is less and less of a baby.

It will seem strange to you, but every new thing you learn, every new thing you do fills me with excitement at your development, and makes me so happy that you are growing into such a inquisitive, good-natured and sociable little person. But it is also tinged with sadness - because it is the passing of something I have loved and treasured so much - being a Mummy to an amazing little baby. I am trying not to dwell on it, but it was like the last time I nursed you, or when you move up a nappy size, or when I realise that some little item of clothing that I love so very much on you is really too small to keep squeezing you into. I realised you had moved on and had a little cry to myself about it, before realising that this is the way of the world, and that one day (DV...) you will be doing what I am doing. In the meantime I am determined to cherish every moment we have together and enjoy them until they are replaced with new, different challenges and joys!

Tonight while we are warm and cosy here, Daddy is freezing away in Poland. Well, he is probably out for dinner in a nice, warm restaurant but it will be cold when he comes out! He was warned to bring his hat, gloves and boots as they have had a lot of snow, and more is forecast - but hopefully he won't see too much of it. He doesn't share the fascination with snow that we do, little one!!

Tomorrow will be a busy day - we are taking Nanny and Granda to the airport. They are off to Bristol to see your little cousin for a few days! That will be great fun for them all! And then tomorrow evening J is coming down after work for dinner - I actually should have planned that a bit better since we will be late back from the airport, but J is a trooper - and is happy with pizza, potato salad and garlic bread so we'll probably be just fine!!

Sweet dreams Baby Girl - thank you for 11 incredible months, my love x

6 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Oh my goodness! This only leaves us "blogging aunties" a mere four weeks to plan a cyber-bash for BabyKay's 1st birthday.

Enjoy every day with her, Fiona♥

akawest said...

Oh, Baby Kay is blonde. Gary said she had red hair. I thought it was blonde. Briana hadn't weighed in on that one. Yes, guessing hair color from photos, is what we do for fun at this house.

Most nights I am sitting at the computer when my husband comes in to change from work. The usual response from me is, "Oooh, oooh, look how cute she is." Then I share your blog post.

You are savoring each moment with your sweet daughter, while so many mothers don't take the time. The years do go by quickly, but each age offers new things.

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Fiona! Our little girl is growing up!! Waahhh!! I'm just kidding...I've learned it's all part of this parenting thing. Have you ever heard this saying...
"Deciding to have a baby is to deciding to let your heart walk around outside of your body for the rest of your life." So very true. Savor it all...every milestone at every age...what an incredible journey parenthood is!!
And what a gift from our Great God!!

Big Hugs for you and Amelie!!
I just know you're the best Mum!!
Blessings,
Becky

Elena said...

Yes, she is getting to be a big girl. Wow, one more month and she will be one. March is a wonderful month for birthdays! My dad and I have March birthdays too:)

Anonymous said...

She is so, so precious! Love those eyes! AND, she's almost 1 - fun, fun, fun!

Jaime said...

I can only look back and wish I had posted all the beautiful memories you have for my daughter. I have a few baby books of information that I have written over the years however if I only took the time to write on a daily basis what is was I was thinking. I now take the time to write as much as possible about my beautiful 10 year old treasure of a princess.... God Bless to you and your family and beautiful baby girl. Jaime