Wednesday 29 April 2009

What mess??

Darling Baby Kay, you are getting better every day, which is such a relief and blessing. You are not impressed at all that you need your nose wiped - so that is a fairly good indicator that you are almost back to normal!! And you also want ALL your toys out on the floor when you are playing, regardless of whether you already have something to play with or not.

One unexpected thing about your recent illness is that you are suddenly quite happy to sit on my knee for long periods without needing to get down onto the floor to play, or take my glasses off, or wrestle the TV remote or mobile phone, or any of your other diversion tactics designed to make us give up trying to cuddle you and pop you down with your toys again. I am making the most of this, because the more you improve the more I can see these afternoon cuddles getting fewer and further between again. Especially when the toddling and cruising turns into full blown walking about!

Sweet dreams my darling baby girl. Only one more sleep til Daddy is home x x

7 comments:

A House FULL of Grace said...

Fiona, you don't know what a delight it is to see your living room looking a little more like mine with all the toys strewn about. I'm afraid this is only the beginning, dear friend. Baby Kay will be deciding more and more that one toy is simply not enough...a menagerie is much more fun!

And I'm thinking she has the inside scoop on knowing that lap time is of huge benefit to both mummy and daughter right now. Somehow our children know when we need them as much as they know when they need us. Milk it.

Blessings to you and Baby Kay tonight. Sending love from a far away location, but a very near heart.
~S

Alice said...

i'm glad she's feeling better :O). thanks for your prayers and well wishes. i appreciate them more than you know!

Jaime said...

I am happy that Amelie is on the go once again. toys toys toys... Her and Lindsey have a lot in common already. -- You know when Lindsey used to have a fit about me putting away all her toys I would empty my tupperware drawer on the living room floor on a blanket and let her take all the lids off and push them around... Distraction was long enough to pick up the toys and of course this still was a daily thing but sometimes a little diversion is nice. I hope you get some rest as well and energy for hubby's return home from work. Many blessing to you Fiona. Much Love Jaime

akawest said...

What a colorful fun playroom! I believe I wished you a wonderful weekend. I am confused on the day. I thought tomorrow was Friday. I shall wish you a wonderful weekend in advance. There, that makes sense.

A House FULL of Grace said...

Just checking in today and DC saw Baby Kay's picture: "Why'd that baby make such a mess, Mom?" Uh, yeah, that would be the pot calling the kettle black!

Lois Christensen said...

I so remember the days of messy living rooms!! Enjoy them because before you know it, the living room is always clean. Glad she is feeling better! And that daddy will be home tomorrow!! Enjoy your time with him!

BECKY said...

Hi Fiona, How did I miss this little sweetie being sick??!! I have no idea, but I am so glad she is doing better!! The only thing that made mine being sick a little easier was all that special cuddling!! Ahhh..I remember it so well!! :o)

Love and hugs to you dear friend!!
Becky