Saturday 18 April 2009

At the park!

Darling Baby Kay, today we have had wall to wall sunshine. The clothes line is covered with all your washing, which I have been able to dry outdoors in the wonderful sun and breeze, rather than tumble it indoors! That is such a rare thing here - especially in April. Dear Becky had told me she would pray for some sunshine for us here, and looks like it worked! I love the smell of your little clothes after they have been washed and dried outdoors - there is something so very special about that.

While I sorted out some things around the house Daddy took you for a walk in your pram over to the park. You had your little sun-hat on to keep your eyes and face shaded, because although you were only out a wee while you are so fair skinned I think it would take very little for you to get burnt. Daddy says you had fun on the swings, and he took this wee photo of you, hanging on and looking rather sceptical of the whole thing!! I imagine before long you will be asking to go to the swings yourself!!

And when you got home and we asked you 'Where's your hat?', you pat yourself on the head as if to say 'Well, it was there earlier!!!' Thank you little angel for a wonderful, happy day x x

5 comments:

BECKY said...

At the end of this emotional, difficult day, Fiona, what a delight to see Amelie looking so cute and enjoying the blessing of spring!

One glance at her and my cares melt into a smile!! Thank you so much for sharing your precious gift from God with us. :o)

Love ya,
Becky

akawest said...

The "Where is?" game is great fun, especially with cute and clever children. :)

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Smart little girl, she is, knowing where her hat belongs☺

Elena said...

I am so happy you got sunshine! The picture is so cute of Amelie with her hat. I want to take Mary to the park. There is a large one not far away with bucket swings, so she won't fall out. I think my MIL and FIL will go with me one day next week:) Have a wondeful day! Love, Elena

Jaime said...

I love the fact that she is soooo smart to know to pat her head looking for her hat. What a great photo too of the background surrounding precious Amelie. I was very curious what your world looks like so to speak. Loving Thoughts to you. Jaime