Sunday 5 April 2009

Palm Sunday

Darling Baby Kay, today we headed off to church together for Palm Sunday. You were pretty good for the first half hour, but we had to slip out during the prayers because you had decided that you'd rather go to Children's Church instead! You are by far the teeniest person there - all the rest are at least school age - but there are so few families with small babies that it doesn't warrant a creche - so we just joined in with the children who didn't seem to mind to much!

After church we went back to the farm with the rest of the family. You had great fun pulling Jack's tail (Auntie D's cat!) and instead of high-tailing it out of the house he just kept snaking back and forward through your legs for more. You were thrilled!
After your nap we headed out shopping - Debenhams had a 70% sale on some of their children's clothing, so we used it as a chance to pick up some wee things for you for the summer. Once again the highlight was being in the trolley, and posting pieces of paper through the bars at the front to see if we would pick them up for you! You have gone to bed tonight tired and happy and hopefully all set for the coming week!

So many people left comments about your little wooden teether that I decided to post a picture of you with it. You are having plenty of fun with it for sure - her name is Mary-Lou (according to the packaging!) and as well as a bit of chewing the beads at her hands and feet your favourite things are to suck the string that comes out of her head, or make her jump up and down like a marionnette and swing her around you head..... I am hoping that you don't hit yourself with it, but I think it is inevitable. She seems fairly robust and up for the challenge!


Looking forward to this, Holy Week, and all that it brings us, as I remember not only all it stands for, but also labouring away on Good Friday, and Saturday - before you were born on Easter Sunday. This will be a real week of thankfulness and appreciation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day with family. Enjoy your week and hope you have a blessed Easter.

akawest said...

Imagine my surprise when the teether of wood turned out not to be block of brown wood, as I pictured, and the adorable Mary-Lou. It makes more sense, now.

It is very cool that you gave birth on Easter. I should add something profound, or at least sweet, but it is 7:34 a.m., and my mind is mush.

Hugs,
Lisa

Jaime said...

That is great... It is funny how we all seem to blog about something and sometimes forget that not everyone will view what your talking about with much sense.

I too pictured Amelie's new teether to be somewhat in the shape of a horseshoe and oddly boring. WOW. How cute is that wonderful wood teether. I had to look quite a few times at the picture to realize that it was indeed the pretty dolly of wood that went into her mouth.

Thanks for sharing the picture. Your day of shopping and visiting sounded like soooo much fun. I love how you describe her and the kitty cat. I bet he enjoyed someone down on his level too. I wish I could hear her giggle and babble with happiness.

I hope you and Princess Amelie have fun this week.
love Jaime

Lois Christensen said...

I so remember not being able to join in on church services for years because of the kids. They were so attached to me!! I hope she doesn't hit her head with the teether either! Enjoy your week and the special festivities that will come with this wonderful celebration!!! Can't wait to see Baby Kay in her Easter best!

BECKY said...

Well, it doesn't look at all like I imagined either!! It is so cute and looks like fun for little ones!!

This week is so precious, isn't it? If Christ had never risen, our faith wouldn't exist. So amazing to think about. My your Easter week be filled with blessings and joy,and praise, sweet Fiona. I count you among my blessings!!

Love 'n Hugs,
Becky

Elena said...

How awesome is that for your little one to be born on Easter! The promise of new life came to you and your hubby on that special day! That is wonderful:)

A House FULL of Grace said...

Oh, Fiona, don't you think Baby Kay was making sounds and being 'disruptive' during the prayers because she wanted to talk to Jesus too? I find that with my kids a lot, they vocalize at just the 'right' time, and it makes me sad that it is considered inappropriate church behavior by onlookers! I'm sure she had fun with the other children, but am sorry you missed the rest of the service. Some year!

And what a Palm Sunday blessing to find a 70% sale!

Sigourney was born on Good Friday, so this week has extra special significance for us too. There is something about holding a precious newborn in your arms and being made aware that God gave His son to die a cruel death, taking on our transgressions, so that He could rise and give us LIFE!

Blessings to you this Holy Week, dear friend. And love to the tail-puller.