Thursday 16 April 2009

Just checking!

Darling Baby Kay, today it was just you and me tootling about. A little bit of grocery shopping, a little bit of cooking and ironing, and a lot of playing on the floor and reading your books together.

There was even a little bit of you reading my books!! I was given a copy a book called 'Buddism for Mothers' - a self-help book designed to give new mothers a perspective on how to be calmer, happier mother and raise calm, happy babies and children. Suffice to say that since you were born I haven't actually had much of a chance to read anything at all - much less this little book! It has all sorts of useful chapters like 'Finding Calm' and 'Finding Happiness and Losing our self-image' - all of which I imagine would be very enlightening if I had gotten myself together to read it!

I wonder were you reading it to check whether I was sticking to the rules?? Or to get a preview of forthcoming attractions!!
The one very pleasing thing I noticed though is that you seem to 'know' that you don't tear the pages of books. Magazines, junk mail, anything else is fair-game - but 'proper' books you just flick and fan without tearing. Such a clever little girl!!

We also had tooth number 8 appear on the bottom, to the left of your front 2, and number 9 is making it's way through at the back on the other side. Explains all the teeth grinding!!

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Isn't that funny, she had tooth number 8 come in and my Michael had 10 baby teeth pulled this week! She looks adorable reading!!!

A House FULL of Grace said...

Baby Kay looks most intent. We have the upside down book problem at our house too...fortunately AJ and Avery have figured out, or I'd definetely be classified a homeschooling flunkie!