Friday 3 April 2009

Show and Tell Friday!

Show and Tell

It seems like such a long time since I did Show-and-Tell Friday - a really wonderful feature that Kelli presents each week. So I decided that I would use our little shopping trip today to join in.


My show and tell are this little pair of beautiful pink shoes that I bought today for my darling Baby Kay - her very first pair of shoes. She has some wee soft slippers that she tootles about the house in, and a gorgeous little pair of soft leather slip-on ones for keeping her warm when we are out and about, but now that she is whizzing about in her walker, and start to tentatively wobble up and down a few steps along the edge of the sofa, it was time to get her the real deal.

The girl in the shop was very helpful, and even though Baby Kay was far more excited about the tissue paper coming out of the box she was very patient about being measured and having several different ones tried and tested. The shop even take a commemorative Polaroid picture for you and put it in a little card as a keepsake of getting your first shoes!! I have no idea how long Baby Kay will wear these - all my friends tell me that shoes are the most expensive things they seem to have to get for little ones, and to expect to have to replace them with alarming regularity - but these special ones will be going in her keepsake box for her once she outgrows them!

Who knows, I might have started a life-long love of shoe-shopping in my little girl already!

Happy Friday to everyone!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! Of course her first pair would have to pink! Can't wait to see her wearing them.

Lois Christensen said...

How adorable!! I still have the first pair of shoes both of my children wore, although not their walking ones, the baby, baby ones. They are so precious. I love the pink shoes and little baby Kay is going to look so cute in them!!!

Sandra said...

How cute. I can remember when my girls were little and I loved buying those tiny shoes.

Susan said...

Adorable!!!
Susan

akawest said...

You were wise in choosing girly shoes (which are adorable). Allie's first shoes were navy blue deck shoes. Even at age one, she knew that I had zippo fashion sense. In protest, she pitched one of her shoes in the trash, which ended up being taken outside. I carried her back to the store, and bought the exact same shoes.

Julie said...

They are so cute...be sure to take of picture of her with them on...Have a wonderful weekend..Julie

Being Mrs Miles said...

Visiting from Kelli's Show and Tell blog train!

Baby's shoes are so CUTE! Can't wait to see a pic of her whizzing about in them.

Elena said...

Those are adorable! That is my favorite part of baby things... shoes! I have always loved them. My mom said that I would want to sleep with my new shoes when I was tiny. I have Mary's first shoes saved too! Thanks for sharing this on Show and Tell. Have a wonderful weekend! Elena:)

Heidi Pocketbook said...

How cute! They are ever so much cuter than those traditional first shoes we all had, aren't they?

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

You have a wonderful keepsake after she outgrows these...I have my daughter's first (red patent leather mary janes) and I still smile when I think about them...thanks for sharing

Jaime said...

Beautiful shoes for Princess Amelie. I will be looking forward to her pictures in them. Loving thoughts over your weekend. Jaime

Christine said...

These are precious! My how quickly their little feet grow!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Very cute! Gotta love baby shoes :)

BECKY said...

Hello lovely friend!!
I don't know how I missed this post!! Sometimes I think the blog roll doesn't update properly! Oh well.

Such adorable little shoes!! How exciting for you both!!

I love how thoughtful you are when it comes to Amelie. She is going to be so blessed to look at all you put back for her. My girls have an absolute blast looking at their baby photos and things!! I still love looking at mine!!

Joy and blessings to you sweetie!!
Becky

A House FULL of Grace said...

Baby shoes have come a long way, haven't they? My mom had my first walkers bronzed (after they were worn by six other children, but I'm not bitter...), and it makes sense because they weren't particularly cute. These, on the other hand, are precious. So feminine and dainty; so perfectly Amelie. She is blessed to have a mommy with good fashion sense, although now that you are buying baby shoes you won't be able to afford a thing for yourself!