Thursday 23 April 2009

Numbers 9 and 10....

Darling Baby Kay - today we have had a return to wet weather!! Didn't stop us heading out together at lunchtime to meet J in town - you were very well behaved the whole time we were eating, and had great fun squishing your watermelon pieces between your gums and dropping things over the side of the high-chair. That was more fun for you than it was for J and I it has to be said. You now have 9 teeth - the one I thought was coming through will have to be number 10, because you have a bright white one on the top at the right back, directly above where the bottom back one came through last week. I think you are working on one side at a time!! The one I thought was coming through is still there in the gum looking red and ready to go, so we are watching and waiting.....
I had the yummiest Brie and guacamole sandwich at the YD (tasted much, much better than it sounds!!) and you even had some share of the bread dipped in the guacamole. It was hard to tell if you approved or not, but you did keep opening your mouth when more was offered, so I'm assuming it was a hit! It must have been nice and chewy on your gums!

We ordered dessert to take home, and came back here to relax and enjoy it, so that you could play and wriggle about the floor and then go down for your nap when you were tired. It is always so nice to see J - she loves you to pieces and stops saying that she never thought she'd see the day she'd bounce your Daddy's baby on her knee. Daddy was one of the Seniors when J and I were trainees at work, and he ended up working a lot with J as they were in the same office. J is credited with introducing Daddy and I - but you will already know this by the time you are old enough to read this blog, because I am sure J will tell you at every opportunity!

Daddy is home tonight, which is great. You were so pleased to see him when he arrived in, and so excited that he was able to give you your dinner, and do your bath. I have to say I am pretty pleased he's home too! Only one more day til the weekend lands, precious darling x x

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I love Guacamole!!!!.... Yum. I bet your lunch was terrific. I don't think Amelie ever has a cranky moment. She is full of joy and smiles... I only wish some way I was closer for her to know me too. Miss Amelie is a princess in her Ireland Castle. some day my knight in shining armer will buy me a plane ticket to visit her. Much love Fiona on a GREAT weekend. Love Jaime

akawest said...

Your Brie and guacamole sandwich sounds wonderful. Speaking of food, I passed a display of barbecue sauce, and did a double take. I thought it was Sweet Baby Kay's barbecue sauce. I became all excited at the coincidence, until I adjusted my eyes. Check this out, and squint at the
label! Baby Kay's admirers need a government bail out, enabling us all to show up on your doorstep.

May you have a peaceful weekend, chock full of tooth eruption and giggles.

BECKY said...

Now that sounds like my kind of sandwich!! I am nuts for avocados!! And they are so good for you!! Do you know that if you eat beans and avocado it is complete nutrition?!! Cool, huh?

Give little sweetie a hug from Auntie Becky!! Teeth aren't fun sometimes, but they open up a whole new world of foods to eat!!

Hugs to you, friend!
Have a lovely weekend, and know how I treasure you!
Becky

A House FULL of Grace said...

It's unanimous. The sandwich sounds delicious!

And how fun to have a constant reminder of the 'serendipity' of you and Daddy Kay's meeting. No discredit to J, of course, but we know Who really brought you two together to walk this sometimes lonely road of life.