Friday 5 June 2009

Fancy Dance princess!

Darling Baby Kay - the rain has returned!! The good weather wasn't meant to last - this is Northern Ireland after all - but at least there is the promise of more on the horizon. It just means we have to play indoors rather than out in the garden - which you are not overly impressed with!! Every time you shuffle over to the french doors you bash on the glass (and then give it a little lick if you think there is no-one looking) and then point up to the handle. Getting wet is no reason not to be out there on the grass in your book!!

This weekend we will be taking things easy - Daddy is playing golf tomorrow morning, and after that we are just going to head out and see where we end up. You are so close to walking now, and love being out and about, so it is a perfect opportunity to get some fresh air with our wellies on and our brollies up! You are also all chatty at the moment - if we ask you to sing us a song you are happy to oblige with a wee made-up one from all the different sounds you know how to make.

You have also perfected all the actions to 'Fancy Dance' which we sing at Jo Jingles, and at home lots of times every day, and I sometimes find you doing the actions, in the right order on your own when you have just been sitting playing by yourself. Every day it is something new and exciting and wonderful little love! Sweet dreams x x

6 comments:

Prairiegirl said...

Cute. Pretty in Pink. Her shirt is cute. Have a good weekend.

Elena said...

So cute! Mary loves to go outside too. Even with this rainy weather and thunderstorms she can't understand why she can't go out in the yard. Sounds like Amelie is going to be a little singer. How sweet! Have a fun weekend dear friend! Elena

akawest said...

If I lick the glass door, will I be as adorable as Baby Kay? Briana is sitting next to me, most likely thinking I am insane. Have a happy weekend!

Lois Christensen said...

She looks very HAPPY!!! You're doing a fabulous job with her!! Enjoy your weekend. It's raining here as well!

A House FULL of Grace said...

I think this might be my all time favorite Baby Kay snapshot. What a little Miss Personality Plus!

I have yet to discover what it is that is so delightful about licking french doors, but I have a couple of door lickers here too. Remember that when you're washing windows for the 20th time in a day; I'm right there with you! In fact, I'm sure DC and Siggy could teach Baby Kay all sorts of delightful tricks, but it sounds like she will have no trouble coming up with them herself!

Oh, how I long to see her doing her Fancy Dance! It must have been such a joyful surprise to catch her in the act of doing all the motions. Soon she'll be walking around the house acting out Fancy Dance, and I can just feel the joy in your heart.

I had to Google 'wellies and brollies', but now that I know what they are (because we live in Washington State and have a plentiful supply of both) I'm going to introduce the new terms in school next week. My kids will be the only ones on Camano Island who refer to their rain-digs as wellies and brollies, but maybe, just maybe, it will make us a little more Northern Irish!

Enjoy your casual, unplanned weekend. I hope Baby Kay sings for you all day long!

S

Heidi Pocketbook said...

How fun to see and read of BabyKay's new antics. What a sweetie she is--she must take after her mummy☺