Wednesday 10 June 2009

Bibs!!

How on earth did I end up with so many bibs?

Darling Baby Kay - today we went to meet Daddy for lunch at the coffee shop near his work. It was great to have that unexpected time together in the middle of the day, and you were so excited when we pulled into the car park and you spotted Daddy waiting for us!! You had great fun afterwards with Mummy's water bottle as we went to do our grocery shopping, leaning out over the side of the trolley and dropping the plastic bottle over. It is quite funny (although I really shouldn't encourage you and try not to smile!) because in the second before you let go you brace yourself - you lift your little shoulders, screw up your eyes and open your mouth! - in anticipation of the splut when it hits the floor!!

And your latest word, little darling - 'Bick-bick' - which is your way of saying biscuit! You were practising this today while I was giving you your orange oat-cake for pudding, lots of pointing and 'Mama, bick-bick!' Unpacking all your bibs is still one of your favourite things to do when you are keeping me company in the kitchen when I am cooking!

9 comments:

Elena said...

She is such a happy baby with such cute expressions! I love how you discribe her dropping the water bottle:) Have a wonderful day dear friend. Thank you for the prayers. We are all doing so much better. Elena

akawest said...

Briana is sitting here practicing bick-bick. She has it mastered!

No one can have too many bibs. The photo is so cute. It just makes us want to meet Baby Kay in person, even more. Bri will be getting a job to save up for plane fare. She just signed, "True." With this economy, perhaps we will be there for Baby Kay's wedding.

Hugs,
Joined at the hip, L&B

Prairiegirl said...

Cute. "Bick-Bick" is cute word. I remember my first word but I not sure which one is. My first sign in school is "Turtle", It sound hard sign. I was four and half years old, learn sign "Turtle"

Lois Christensen said...

Very adorable. i can just see you having a hard time not laughing when she's doing something! Thanks for the kind words for my daughter on my blog today! You always have a way of making my day with your wonderful comments!! Enjoy!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I have no problem visualizing all of this due to your great description. I know it's so very hard not to laugh at something so cute. She is indeed one special little toddler.

Sarah said...

I LOVE the photo! I can just imagine her thinking about what in the world she will do with them all. I feel that way quite often with some of my stuff. What in the world am I going to do with it all??!! (and, what am I going to do with which thing first?!)

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Friend!! I love what you say to go along with your photos!! This one fits so perfectly!! Glad to see that all is well with you and yours!! Give little bit a squeeze from her overseas auntie, ok?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend full of joy!!
Love ya,
Becky

Jaime said...

I am glad to have my computer back up and running and also to catch up on all that I have missed. Thanks Fiona for being a wonderful friend and leaving me such great comments to lift my spirits. Thanks for all your prayers.

Please give your beautiful baby a hug and kiss from jaime and lindsey.

much love tonight and always.

Jaime

A House FULL of Grace said...

Refer to post of Thursday, June 18th and your enjoyment of yoghurt, Baby Kay. That is why you have so many bibs!!

Love 'bick-bick', what a bright and intelligent little girl. She is surely discovering how to communicate her needs and desires!!