Thursday 7 May 2009

Sun, rain and hail!

It has been a mixed day on the weather front, little one. It was sunny all day and then clouded up at tea-time. As I look out this evening the hail is bouncing off the ground outside and it looks more like November than May!

We have had an easy sort of day - just some grocery shopping and cleaning, and lots of playing on the floor. It is becoming very apparent that you understand a lot more than you can communicate in words and it is such a joy to learn new little things about you. Your latest trick is to 'hide' something (usually whatever you are playing with or whatever you have in your hand.) This involves putting it behind your back and holding your 2 hands out in front of you as if to say 'Where did that go?' When I look all surprised and ask you where it went you whip it back out again totally delighted with yourself, especially if I do a very dramatic shout or jump as if you have given me a fright.

You have played this all day, which has been lovely - and you are practising your new sounds 'Boo' for book (usually said in conjunction with pointing at one that you want) and 'Baw' when you want your shape-sorter ball. You can point to your nappies and your tutu, your books and your Ark, and when you are in your nursery if we ask you 'Where's Noah?' you wave at the Noah in your cross-stitch. You are also giving kisses and cuddles on request - although I am not sure how long this will last, so I am cashing in on it while you are still keen!! You will even kiss your baby (your rag-doll, Lois) when we tell you that your baby needs a kiss. Sometimes it's more a bite on her nose, or the velcro on her tunic, but the thought was there!

Every day it is something new and exciting - and such a joy and blessing to be part of.

7 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Love the picture of her kissing the doll! This is such a fun age! I really miss my kids being this age and the fun we would have together. Thanks for your comments on my blog this morning. I didn't realize you celebrate Mother's Day in March or I would have wished you a Happy Day back then! So, Happy Mother's Day from this American mom to you!!!

Alice said...

this is wonderful! sweet pictures! i also love the one of her kissing Lois - how precious!

akawest said...

Yes! A little book lover. The neatly stacked books are impressive. The two little girls who grew up in this house, scattered theirs all about.

Hail? No, no, no, you are supposed to have pretty spring days.

BECKY said...

I just love hearing what our little princess is up to and the new things she's showing off!! I am here for the duration, Fiona!! As long as you blog, I will read!!

Such a joy!!
Love and hugs to you my overseas friend!
Becky

A House FULL of Grace said...

Love the hide-n-seek game. I can picture her thrills at your funny reactions. Who needs a tv? The picture of her kissing Lois is adorable. She has so much love to share, which means she is most secure in the love shared with her. Our weather is doing the same nasty things, in fact the weatherman called it a 'November storm' on the news...where, oh, where is Spring?

Heidi Pocketbook said...

She is at such a fun age!

Hail? Like thunderstorm hail or sleet-like hail? Not fun!

Hope you have a good weekend☺

Elena said...

All those little things she does are so cute and bring back such precious memories of what Mary did. Amelie is such a sweet child! I learned that Mother's Day is in March for you and I missed it. Ours is this weekend. So, Happy Mother's Day a little late:) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Elena