Tuesday 26 May 2009

Stormy weather!

We have had some clouds today, my precious darling.

The weather has been very changeable - we have blue sky at the moment, but earlier today it was raining heavily and the sky was like a winter's day instead of the end of spring. Technically this time next week we will be into summer - it seems hard to believe when we are still getting hail stones and storms. It was raining so heavily last night too that I didn't get out for bowls practice - it is hard enough to go out and bowl when you have a match and it is raining, but to head out and get soaked and frozen when it's not a competition (no matter how badly Mummy needs the practice!) is just too much to ask at the minute.

And for you, my darling little one, there are clouds too. You are still not well; you have a rotten cough which is keeping you awake. You are tired and cross, and trying so hard not to be. You will play a little bit and then fuss for a little bit, and all the time you are just desperate to get some sleep. The pharmacist told me today that you are not supposed to give any child under 6 an 'over-the-counter' medicine for a cough - so you are getting a little apple/glycerol mix in the hope that it makes your chest feel a bit less sore. You were up quite a lot during the night - consequently so were Mummy and Daddy - and it is so tough to listen to you coughing and there being nothing we can do to help you. Hoping you feel better soon my love x x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your sweet girl feels better soon and that you get your practice in.

akawest said...

Poor little sweetie, I hope she feels better soon.

Cold and/or cough medicine scare me, even for adults. I do remember listening to Bri cough and cough, when she was Baby Kay's age. My heart goes out to you, Fiona. That helpless parent feeling is not pleasant. It gets a bit better when children can talk. At least then they can explain where and what is the matter.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Poor little BabyKay. I'm sorry she's feeling punky. Have you tried using Vicks Vaporub on her chest and feet? I'm not sure if you have that over in your area or not, but it's a rub-on that has "fumes" that help with coughs.

I hope both of you are back to normal soon. It's hard when you both don't sleep well, isn't it?

Elena said...

I feel so bad to hear that your little sweetheart is not feeling well. I pray she will be feeling better soon! Lawn bowling sounds like so much fun. That is something I would like to try some time! Love, Elena

A House FULL of Grace said...

So glad you're still bowling but smart enough to stay in on a Winter/Spring night! I agree with Heidi, go for the Vicks on Baby Kay's feet and put socks on her. Don't know how it works, but it does! Her poor little eyes look like she's feeling punk tonight. Praying she's up and around by the time you read this!