Friday 29 May 2009

Special delivery....

Darling Baby Kay - you are getting better and better with each passing day. It is such a relief that you are sleeping more soundly and not coughing so much - a collection of time passing, going gently, some medicine and some great advice from lots of lovely ladies in Blogland who have passed along their wonderful pearls of wisdom.

We went today to pick up the pictures from the photographer that were taken on your 1st birthday in March, and we are so delighted with them. The framed one is up in the sitting room, and we have some extra copies for Nanny and Granda, Granda Billy and B&F. I am so glad we decided to have the pictures done, even if there was a little bit of shouting before you decided to settle down and play along!

The sun has been shining all day, and looks set to continue for the weekend so I hope it lasts and we can get out and enjoy it. I especially hope that it is being shared on the other side of the world, for tomorrow in particular. One of the singlemost incredible, funny, beautiful and gracious women I have ever had the good fortune to meet is celebrating her birthday this weekend - I think she is 21 all over again! :) And I hope the sun shines on her all day long!!

What do you mean you can't post me to Washington for the party???

4 comments:

A House FULL of Grace said...

You have me in tears! How ever did you know I needed this today? It's just your way, I know, but you pushed through to the heart of the matter and I am so, so blessed. Never was there a more thoughtful birthday wish and I'm wondering if you and Baby Kay can both fit in that box?

Love and blessings returned to you tonight, dear friend. You're the best. Really.

Elena said...

Yes, we are having sunshine here too! I'm so glad Amelie is on the mend. Such a cute picture and caption:) Hugs, Elena

Lois Christensen said...

Love the picture. Am heading over to Sara's blog now to wish her a Happy Birthday! I have a picture of my two children sitting in a box as well. One of my favorite and it's still framed on my desk. She looks adorable!! Too bad you can't make it to the States!!!

BECKY said...

What an appropriate expression on her face!! So very cute!!

Fiona, you my dear, have enriched so many lives with your gentle, loving uplifting ways!! I count myself so very blessed to have made your acquaintance. I truly believe that God smiled on me when He led me to you!! Thank you so much for just being wonderful YOU!!
You're such a blessing and a joy to many!!

Love ya,
Becky