Tuesday 12 May 2009

Beautiful day!!

Darling Baby Kay, after a busy weekend we have had a busy start to the week.

We have been Jo Jingling today, tomorrow we are off up to Carrickfergus to visit Nanny, on Thursday Mummy is bowling in her first match for 2 years (!!) and then on Friday we are meeting L&I if the weather is nice to head off round the Lakes and the little children's pet farm over at Tannaghmore. On Saturday Nanny and Grandad are coming down to sit with you for the evening as Daddy and I are heading out with the rest of the Kay family group - 10 of us in total - to celebrate G&P being home and spend some time together. We will be home late, but I would guess we will be sneaking in for a kiss before we go to bed regardless!! I don't remember the last time I had something in the diary for every day.

You have started some new fun and games this week - namely cot gymnastics! Two mornings this week I have had to go and rescue you during your morning nap, as you shouted hard and loud. You had rolled yourself onto your tummy, turned side on, and stuck your legs out through the cot bars - so you were stuck face down and couldn't get out!

This morning when Daddy went to lift you you had managed to turn a full 180 degrees in your grow-bag - so you were totally upside down in your cot. I am not sure what it is all about, but it coincides with your growing confidence on your feet, and your new trick of shuffling round in a little circle on the floor when you are playing. The strange thing is that having totally pooh-poohed any notion of crawling now for nearly 14 months suddenly you are also rolling onto your tummy and pulling your knees in as if you realise that you can get going that way too.

Today I ordered safety catches and locks for the kitchen cupboards as the window for childproofing is getting smaller by the day!!!

10 comments:

Alice said...

yeah, i remember that "legs stuck in the slats of the baby bed" trick. my kids did that, too :O). and, let me tell you, they could howl pretty loud! i would guess you have some fun times coming at you real soon - lol!

i love the picture of your baby. she is growing so fast!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Goodness, you do have a busy week ahead of you!

Now that the child locks are ordered, you might want to start checking out toddler beds--unless your sweetie's crib converts to one. She may be planning an escape from the crib soon. Youngest dd was 15 months when she graduated to the toddler bed, and oldest was 17 months when she went to the daybed.

I can't believe how BabyKay changes in each picture--she is growing up so fast...

akawest said...

Knowing that Baby Kay is most advanced, I was still stunned to read that she had started cot gymnastics, as I at first, mistook that for a class in gymnastics. Oh, boy!

Good luck on Thursday!

Sarah said...

She's becoming mobile!

You're week sounds exciting.......I'm still rounding up stray childproofing elements. A door knob blocker here, an electrical outlet plug there. Have a wonderful week!

Lois Christensen said...

Oh I remember hubby putting the safety latches on! And I remember watching them sleep and getting caught up in funny positions that needed rescuing! Enjoy your visits and time out!!!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweetie!! What a delight to hear about all of our little sweetie's adventures and misadventures!! So glad she has such a loving, attentive Mum!! Aren't you just simply having a blast??!! This part of their lives is so much fun when almost everyday there is something new!!

Enjoy, Fiona!! I sure am enjoying what you share!!

Hugs 'n Love,
Becky

A House FULL of Grace said...

What a fun, busy week for you. I can't wait to hear of your bowling fun!

I had to smile when reading about Baby Kay's gymnastic adventures. What a funny, determined little girl. She's feeling her independence, Fiona, I can't wait to see what's next! Siggy is the only one of mine who has gotten her legs stuck in the slats of her crib. I'm thinking it's because she is the only one who was blessed with my legs? What a lucky girl!

I'm so excited that you and Daddy Kay get to go out again this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful visit with G&P and the Kay gang. I'm hoping you don't automatically lean over to cut someone's food for them though!

Childproof, schmildproof. It's highly over-rated. When you have a daughter as bright as Baby Kay, duct tape works better!

Love to you from afar,
S

Elena said...

Amelie is a busy little girl! Mary got her feet caught in her crib rungs too. It was in the middle of the night and I had to get up and rescue her. Thank goodness she went back to sleep and slept well for the rest of the night. She has not done that since! It is so exciting to see them get mobile but a very busy time. They are still little baby but now able to get into trouble a lot faster. LOL It sounds like you have a fun and busy week ahead of you. Many blessings to you and your sweet family. Love, Elena

Bridget said...

Hi Fiona -

I am just catching up! Well sounds like you have benn quite busy! And that sweet girl of yours is quite the gymnast! It is amazing what they come up! She is beautiful as always! I hope you enjoyed the weekend!!! Take Care!

Bridget

Jaime said...

Precious Amelie... My how are you growing so fast. Does spring mean that little ones are to grow faster.?? Beautiful picture too. I can just imagine your face Fiona when you find her in these compromising positions. I really have missed you guys - Busy here in Henderson and still without camera.

Much Love and Give Amelie Kisses.

Jaime