Tuesday 19 May 2009

Catch up...

My darling Baby Kay, it has been non-stop for the last week, and truly this is the first evening I have had the chance to sit down and update your journal for you. It has been lots of family, lots of sorting and organising, and lots of busy-ing about, but this evening I am sitting here with the rain thundering outside, my cup of tea, and a chance to sit and share a little with you.You have been a busy wee soul this last week. You are now completely confident pushing along your little block truck without help, and you think the whole thing is hysterically funny! You are also bum-shuffling at top speed - something that up until last Thursday you hadn't ever even tried. I went into the laundry room to empty the washing machine having left you in the middle of the sitting room floor with your books. When I came back into the kitchen you were sitting there - square in the middle of the kitchen floor, beaming up at me. You are not content at all to sit still anywhere - and consequently are totally exhausted at bedtime from all the toddling about and shuffling around!

I am pretty sure too that you have more teeth coming through. You are chewing away like mad on anything you can find (in the supermarket today you had managed to gnaw your way through the top of the carton of Ready Brek porridge before I realised what you were doing...) and grinding the teeth that you already have together. It makes the most dreadful noise but it must be giving you some comfort or relief because you are at it all the time. Usually when your teeth are imminent you go off your food and milk, but you are still keeping up with those. Today you had butternut risotto for lunch which you helped to feed yourself - but it is slow going as you insist on setting the spoon down and giving yourself a big round of applause every time you get something in your mouth. That'll teach us for making such a fuss at the start when you were just getting the hang of it!

Today you had your latest immunisation - Daddy took some time off this afternoon to take you to the doctor for it; Mummy is pretty useless at those sorts of things, because when you cry I am always afraid that I will join you. Thankfully they don't happen very often! Daddy is off to Barcelona tomorrow for the rest of the week, so it will just be the 2 of us til the weekend, but it's only for a few days and then we'll be back together for Saturday.

I will try to get back to posting more regularly again little darling now that things are a little calmer - in the meantime, sweet dreams x x

9 comments:

Alice said...

she is so beautiful! and the two of you look so much alike :).

it's funny you mention the rain. it has been raining here for the past 3 days and the weathermen have projected rain all the way through next Thursday - that's like 8 days from now. i may need to rent a boat - lol!

stay dry over there and keep that precious baby dry!

Anonymous said...

Great Picture! I always love to see the faces of my blogging friends.

It's probably best that daddy handle the shots. My mom was the worst. I would be fine, but she would make me scared because I could see how scared she was. She hates needles.

Lois Christensen said...

I was beginning to wonder where you all were! Glad to see a new picture of the two of you. You both look so beautiful! She is doing more and more! Hope the rain doesn't last too long! We will be having beautiful weather here for the next few days. Finally. Thanks for your kind words on my blog yesterday!!!

Elena said...

That is a beautiful picture of you and Amelie! Mary is exhausted each night now too, that she can go outside and play. She just runs and runs and soaks up all that sunshine! Mary would grind her teeth a lot when she was getting her molars. I'm so glad she has all her teeth now:) I know how you feel about the shots. I would be so upset when she would cry like that. I felt so bad but I knew she needed them and she has been very healthy so far. Have a wonderful week dear friend. Hugs, Elena

A House FULL of Grace said...

Fiona, your post had me laughing and crying all at the same time! Oh, those darned immunizations! But what hillarity to find Baby Kay in the kitchen when you'd left her in the sitting room and I am still chuckling at the sight in my mind's eye of her self-applause after each bite of butternut risotto (which I might need the recipe for!)

But, the picture of the two of you is what grips my heart most. You, looking stunningly radiant, and Baby Kay favoring you more and more every day. For so long she looked like a cc of her daddy, but she is coming into her own and resembling her beautiful mummy in the open, lovingness of her happy face!

Blessings to you tonight...so, so glad to have you back!
~S

Jaime said...

I am in awe of your picture.. Amelie you are just as beautiful as your mom.... You both have sparkling eyes that are mesmerizing! ... She will look just like you Fiona I know it. ---

Sounds as though spring is bringing lots of busy times for your family as well. Sometimes it is good to be busy. --

Have you ever tried wetting a baby washcloth and freezing it over night. Makes for fun chewing on hurting teeth. Amelie might like it. --

I have to comment as well on the doctor immunizations. I am not one to deal well with this either. See I can not stand to see Lindsey in pain for any reason either. My heart can't take it. However when she was 6 years old and headed in for shots I let her know we would go for ice cream afterwards. She and I sat there in the doctor's office dreading the shots to come. I held on to her in a hug while the nurse gave her the shots. I was flinching and waiting for the scream or cry but instead she took them like a champ and looked up at me and said "can we go for ice cream now?"... Imagine how shocked I was. Our children always find ways to surprise us.

Much love to you all.

Love Jaime

akawest said...

You look gorgeous! That is a really great photo of the two of you.

Glad to know Spike is now an accepted family member.

Sarah said...

Oh, I understand about the vaccinations! This mommy can't stay in there either ~ it's daddy's duty for anything involving needles. I'm glad to read (with your post and in the comments) I'm not alone in this.

I love your picture together, you're both radiant, ready for the next event. I'm glad to see you both before running off to a place where I won't have my computer a while! Whatever will I do? :O)

Heidi Pocketbook said...

It's so great to see a picture of the two of your beautiful smiling faces together☺

I can just picture the look of amazement on your face when you discovered your sweetie had made tracks so quickly while you were tending to the laundry. And reading about her self-satisfaction in feeding herself is just so cute.

Someday when she's older and reads all of her escapades and the comments that all of us are leaving, she is going to be so amazed at how many she entertained!