Friday 19 December 2008

Show & tell Friday!

Darling Baby Kay - this little post is inspired by something I found on another blog - it is Show and Tell, where you pick something that is important to you and tell other people why. When you are bigger this is something you will get to do at school, but for now it is my turn to pick something to tell other people - and you - about.

I have picked this little decoration, which has pride of place on our tree this year. I had to take it off the tree to take the photo because the flash is doing all sorts of crazy things to the picture because of the tree lights and shiny decorations!

Why this is important to me is probably obvious - but I will explain anyway. Daddy and I waited so long for you, my darling, and finally we were blessed with you in March of this year. This is our first Christmas as a wee family with a baby to share our day. Daddy bought this decoration when he was in Canada with work in November, so like you it has come a long way to be part of our lives here in County Armagh. We are looking forward to this Christmas more than ever before and it is all thanks to the new joy you have brought to our lives.

9 comments:

Jane said...

What a joy to celebrate your first Christmas with such a sweet little girl!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Glad you could join Show & Tell this week. A lovely baby and a lovely ornament to show her off. It will indeed be a special Christmas for your family.

Manda said...

Such a sweet post- thanks for sharing your joy with us:)

Merry Christmas and God bless,

Linda C

Trish said...

Ahhhh...what a wonderful post. Thanks for stopping by our MGCC blog and trying out the recipes.

Linda C said...

Sorry! I was signed in under my daughter's name Manda.

Linda C

Carla said...

What a sweet tribute to such a sweet darling! Enjoy this Christmas, and many more:)

Alice said...

Your baby is adorable. I can tell she is the love of your life...as she should be. Blessings this Christmas. Enjoy her first one and make it count! Merry Christmas! I love your frame.

You are always welcome at The Shadow of the Cross. Feel free to visit anytime.

Kelli said...

What a cutie and a sweet post! Merry Christmas!
~Kelli

GlorV1 said...

What a precious baby. Thx for sharing. Merry Christmas.