Tuesday 16 December 2008

7 things to be thankful for....

Darling Baby Kay - I found the nicest blog today - it's called Booking through Thursday - and it's a bit like a project blog. It gives you little things to do or think about, and you add them to your blog, and it hopefully gives people an insight into who you are. Lists of things, and questions, and 'to-dos' and all sorts of other things - all to do with reading and books, which you will come to find out are very important to me. I am going to give one of them a go here and maybe you can read it someday and find out a few things about your Mummy that you didn't know.

Here are 7 things I am thankful for:-
  1. You - my darling little girl - and that you are happy and healthy;
  2. Your Daddy - my best friend, my soul-mate - and the kind of man that I hope you will grow up to marry someday too.
  3. Right now in our lives everyone is healthy and life is good - this has been a year of wonderful babies - you, Baby M, Baby E - a year of additions, rather than last year which was a year of losses.
  4. Having wonderful friends - old ones like Jude and Kate B - but also new ones, like the lovely Joanne next door to us. When you get past 35 sometimes it seems like it is harder to make new friends, but other times someone crosses your path and it's like you are meant to be there for each other going forward. I hope you are blessed with the kind of friends that your Mummy has been lucky enough to have in her life.
  5. I am thankful that because of your wonderful Daddy I do not have to go back to work just yet, and that I get to spend every day with you. I am there in the mornings, I get to feed you during the day, read to you, wriggle on the floor with you, see your smiles and listen to your adorable laughs when you get the giggles. I am not missing this unique time with you; time I would never have again and which it so precious for me.
  6. Our wonderful, warm, safe home - where I feel settled and content, and am in a place where I feel like I could be for a very long time (DV...)
  7. Finally I am thankful to have the freedom to be who I want to be, to read the books that interest and challenge me, to say what I think and have my beliefs honoured and respected, to not live in fear and to be able to close my eyes at night and feel that I am blessed.

I could go on and on here - but I will leave it at those 7 things. At times like this when the economy is in trouble, and the weather is cold, and the evenings draw in early it can be so easy to forget the things in our lives that are good.

I hope you grow up to be an optimist like your Daddy - and that your glass is always half-full my darling.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

What 7 wonderful things to be thankful for!!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and I know you have a precious, wonderful girl (whose name I just love by the way:)! We are getting ready to travel for the holidays - so if I don't check in before we leave I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!! I will check back in with you and your sweet girl when we return!!!

Thanks for the sweet message on Lucy's blog!

Cheers!