Tuesday 9 December 2008

Baby Kay


Well, in case anyone else stumbles across this blog I suppose I should really start and post some other things than random greetings to myself. I will post them for my little girl - Baby Kay - since I haven't gotten organised enough to get a baby record book (which I would probably have forgotten to write in had I had the time in all the post-baby chaos....) This will do as a record for a little while for her as I seem to have some time in the evenings when she is in bed and it will stop me spending money I shouldn't on Amazon!

You are 38 weeks old now darling Baby Kay - and for months I haven't been able to remember what life felt like before you arrived. I remember what it looked like, and the things I did, and places I went to - all the tangible things that apply to everyone else. But the things that made my life my own - that are specific to me - I can't remember what they felt like. You are the reference point in my life for everything I feel. I imagine this will pass when you are bigger and more independent - but at the moment your good days are my good days, your bad nights sleep are my bad nights sleep - everything is tied into you and your wee world.

And it is the most wonderful, incredible, frightening, amazing, special feeling in the world for me. I may have waited 37 years for you - but I am thankful every day I wake up that you are in my life, and I love you more than I can ever tell you my darling.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

Hi Fiona -

Lucky me I get to be the first to leave you a comment! Thank you for your sweet message on Lucy's blog! Oh your daughter Kay is stunning!!! She is absolutly beautiful! Congratulations to you and your husband on your sweet daughter! I'm sure you are enjoying every minute of motherhood! I just love Ireland!! My husband travels to Ireland - (Letterkenny, Galway and Dublin) quite a bit for business - I'm hoping Lucy and I can tag along sometime soon!

Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. I will check in again! Looking forward to seeing more photos of Baby Kay

Carla said...

What a doll! Congratulations to you and your hubby on this fun bundle of joy!