Sunday 14 December 2008

Finally!!


Well Baby Kay - I have finally finished the cross-stitch I began for you last year when I discovered I was pregnant. It was going great guns for months, and then it all stalled in the fortnight before you were born when I got caught up in a headspin of batch cooking, house-cleaning and watching nonsense on the TV when I wasn't sleeping on the sofa. It was only in the last few weeks since the clocks went back that I managed to get it finished in the evenings, but I am so glad it is ready for you in time for Christmas.

The man in town has framed it up so nicely and when Granda comes to stay at Christmas I am going to ask him to put it above your cot, beside the beautiful Noah's Ark your God-Parents bought you last year - also before you were born.

I hope you know in your heart how much love went into every stitch of this for you, while you were kicking me and poking me from the inside, now that you squeeze my heart from the outside.

3 comments:

showtime said...

Wee Amelie already loves the crossstitch and smiles when she sees it xxx

3 Peanuts said...

I found you from Waiting for Lucy>..best wishes with your blog. Your daughter is so so so cute!!!!

Kim

Anonymous said...

How wonderful I'm sure the love you put into it will always be treasured!

Just A Gal...