Tuesday 7 July 2009

Shape-sorting!

Darling Baby Kay, you had a lovely morning with Nanny today - helping her work out where all the shapes go in the shape-sorter, and testing each one with your teeth just to make sure they passed muster!! Nanny was very excited to see you practising your toddling, which is a little more like staggering than toddling to be honest, but you have finally started, as of yesterday, to branch out on your own - letting go of hands, lunging towards furniture to scramble along, and sometimes just plain launching out on your own into the middle of nowhere!

You had your last set of immunisations today too, the last until you are 4 thankfully. It doesn't get any easier as you get bigger, and those gorgeous blue eyes fill up with tears at what Mummy has allowed the Dr to do. Once you were home and had your dinner Daddy took you up to the farm to see Granda and wee Ben the Puppy, and you returned much more like your old self. Tomorrow we are going to meet L&I for coffee and I plan to spend the day just playing with you and spoiling you rotten, like lovely Lisa keeps telling me I should be, and this afternoon will be gone in a flash!

Much love to you my darling x x

7 comments:

akawest said...

You're the best mummy, Fiona. Look how happy Miss baby Kay is. Nanny is your mother??
Congratulations on her first steps.

Lovely! I wish. More along the lines of lazy, sitting on her butt all day, Lisa.

Elena said...

How wonderful! She is starting to walk on her own. It is such a cute age and passes so quickly. I get a little teary when I see the videos of Mary first walking. It is just so precious! I was so glad too when Mary had her last immunization shot. So glad to be done with all that for a while. Take care dear friend! Elena

Sarah said...

Oh, the sweet staggering and lunging for the nearest furniture helped me so much as I watched my little ones ~ reminding me that any new thing was bound to feel awkward and strange, if not downright uncomfortable at the first. Now they run and climb and swing without any thought to all the effort taken for those first steps. I'm very happy those are the last immunizations baby Kay will have to endure for a while. Puppies do seem to mend quite a few boo boos with their happy slobbering.

Lois Christensen said...

How cute she looks sitting in her grandma's lap trying to figure out that toy! I wanted you to know that I saw the pictures of her on Facebook and they are so adorable! I don't know how I missed them when we first became "friends" there! I love the one with her in the pink hat! Enjoy your day!!!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a little sweetie! It looks like her Nanny thinks she is so precious♥

Bridget said...

Well I don't know who is cuter - nanny or that sweet girl of yours! So fun that she is starting to walk - I think there is nothing cuter! I loved watching Lucy when she started walking - she was so wobbly yet so determined! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer!!! I have been checking in but apologize for not commenting - I've been a lazy summer blogger. But it always maked my day to see and hear about your sweet ittle girl!

Take Care Fiona!

~ Bridget

A House FULL of Grace said...

Love the headband, Baby Kay. You are such a little darling!!

Isn't it great to get that little break between immunizations? Immediately after AJ got his last round for kindergarten, he started dreading the next set that won't happen until he's twelve. Sometimes he still wants to be reassured, "No shots 'til I'm 12, right mom?"