Tuesday 14 July 2009

Bid for freedom....

Darling Baby Kay, rain does not put you off, nor does having no shoes on, nor a jumper! If you get the slightest chance you are still making a break for the french doors and pointing up at the key to anyone in the room you think might let you out!

You have had a wonderful few days showing off your new confidence in walking and shuffling around the room with Nanny, Granda, Uncle R and Auntie C - and of course the adorable 8 month old Baby M. It was lovely to get you both together finally after all this time. Nanny and Granda were in their element having you both their to hug and cuddle and spoil!! You are getting much more creative with your speech too - now we get 'Go! Go! Go!' which doesn't actually mean go - it means Dog - when you see little Ben at the farm. And we now get 'Am-ha' which you say when we ask you what your name is! You understand vast amounts of what we are saying ('Where are your shoes? Lift your feet up, please? What do the birdies do?) and I reckon once the real words start we should be in for some real fun!

Daddy is in Poland this week my darling, so we will be looking after each other til he gets back, and when he comes on here to see how you are doing he will be pleased to see your gorgeous little smiling face looking right back at him! All my love darling baby girl x x

13 comments:

Prairiegirl said...

Cute! That is cool that she learn to talk. I read book that you send to me before. I want know what is "Kurb"? Is that mean Curb? I barely know UK words like Chips (French Fries), Crispers (Chips), and other. I understand some UK words in book. Have a nice day. I hope he have good time in Poland. My great- grandmother from Lotz, Poland. She born and raised in Poland. But at 11-12, she went on boat to USA by all herself.

BECKY said...

So how is my lovely friend, Fiona doing? Really well, I hope! I'm so glad our little girl had a great time showing off her new skills!! I know her grandparents loved every minute of it!!

I'm off to email you!
Love ya,
Becky

Jaime said...

Wow... Little Amelie is just growing like a weed. I miss talking via blog with you Fiona... Please send my love to your beautiful princess and wonderful husband. things here are moving along at such a fast pace that I find it hard to find the time to catch up. I do want to stay close and I do plan on knocking on your door one day for a visit.

Love you all very much.
Jaime and Lindsey.

akawest said...

Whatever you do, do not be an obnoxious mom who refers to her as Am-ha, when she is beyond the point of thinking it is cute. Not that I would ever call Allie, Alya Nack, which is how she said her name as a young girl. Oh, no, I would never do that!

I do hope this week flies by. I know how much you both miss daddy. Briana suggests she go in his place to Poland. She was quite excited to read that he travels there.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a sweetie! Every day is a new adventure.

Lois Christensen said...

So sweet! I remember my MIchael saying "ba,ba" for ball. It's so sweet when they start talking then the talk all the time and now that my daughter is 16, she hardly ever talks!!! Well, at least to me! Enjoy your time and hopefully hubby will be home soon!

A House FULL of Grace said...

I know that Baby Kay has spun around to give that radiant smile to her travelling daddy, but for just a moment I choose to believe she is calling to Team Somma: "Come visit me, come visit me; I'll even take you to the farm to see Go..." One can dream, can't she?!

Elena said...

Such a cute shot! Little ones just love the great outdoors! From that I can tell that we were created in a garden:) My husband and I were wondering today how you pronouce Amelie. I know your accent is different than ours, so I am sure we are saying it wrong. It would be fun to hear a video of you saying her name. Of course it would just be fun to hear your voice and your little one's too! It is so cute to hear about her first words. Mary is taling our leg off now and it is so cute to hear some of the things she comes up with. Take care dear friend! Love, Elena

Dianna said...

It's been too long since I've stopped by. I can't believe how big she is! I really enjoy reading your letters to your daughter--it helps me remember what's really important in life.

Bridget said...

Oh that sweet girl. I just love when they start to talk - even if you are the only one who can understand them. which by the way I think is quite special. She is cute as ever and getting to be such a big girl! Hope you're enjoying the lovely summer!

Take Care!

~Bridget

Anonymous said...

Oh, how beautiful she is! Absolutely beautiful!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I thought I'd better stop by before Fiona enters kindergarten, but I see you must be as busy as I am since you haven't updated lately, either. Hugs for you both!

Elena said...

Dear Fiona, I miss your posts. I hope all is well. I am sure you are busy with Amelie walking now. I remember how everything changed with Mary walking. I had to watch her every second:) Love, Elena