Friday 28 August 2009

Here comes the weekend!!!

My darling daughter, today we have had a busy day out and about. We went up to say goodbye to T&G and their gorgeous boys. It was sad to see them off for the last time, but they made me promise that we will come to Baltimore soon to see them. G wants to take Daddy to play golf at Rendition - and Mummy just wants to spend some time with T and her babies!! We had some of G's birthday cake from yesterday, and you were able to play with S&L and also Benjy the dog! Mummy also had to spend a lot of time reminding you that ornaments were not for babies!!! While they were here both S&L got their first tooth - and as if you were out in sympathy we spotted tooth #16 this morning too!! It definitely explains why Mummy had to get up 3 times the night before last and twice last night, because you were not a happy bunny!

To cheer ourselves up after saying goodbye we went to meet Nanny and Granda at M&S for lunch. We had some lovely tapas together, and then when Nanny saw you eyeing up a little set of farm animals she decided that you had to have them, together with a little red barn to keep them in. She assures me that it is a Nanny's prerogative to spoil her grand-daughter!! You are delighted with the little set, especially since the little chicken inside the barn makes a 'cock-a-doodle doo' noise, just like Granda Billy's cockrel!!

And Mummy was spoiled today too - by lovely T - who gave me a going away present - a gorgeous bag which just about sums me up. I am so touched and pleased with it, and will definitely be using it. It is so thoughtful when someone you know and love manages to show you that they know you even better than you know yourself! I just can't decide which is my favourite side!!

7 comments:

Elena said...

I love Amelie's farm animals and barn too. I'm a soft touch for Little People sets. Mary has a Little People nativity set that I just love. I love your bad too! That would be a good bag for my mother-in-law as she is an avid reader. Likes reading better than TV any day! Have a lovely weekend. Love, Elena

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I love your bag!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Wow, are those what the new Fisher-Price farm sets look like? I have kept the original FP sets from oldest dd, and youngest dd played with those and the new-and-improved FP dollhouse and nativity. They are adorable. I am sure Amelie will have hours of fun with that set.

The bag is wonderful. I totally agree with it. I am a bookworm.

Hope your weekend is a pleasant one♥

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Friend, What wonderful gifts for you and Amelie!! I know she will tote her new little friends about, and just have a ball with them! And that book bag is great!! I read, but mostly the Bible and books that are biblically based and that help me be the best I can be. I do love a good mystery, but haven't read any in awhile. I think if I got started on old literary works I wouldn't stop!

Love you, and hope your day is delightful, my friend!
HUGS,
Becky

akawest said...

Your little cutie in her pink shoes, just grows more adorable in each photo.

Like Heidi's children, my kids played with a FP farm set (vintage, as it belonged to my sister). Maybe that is where Bri formed her love of all things farm.

I wish you three could come with us today to the agricultural museum. Being a non-animal lover, I could have fun taking pictures of the cutest toddler in the world.

Why do you have to live so far away!!!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
P.S.
Your bag is great. Books are the best!

Dianna said...

Oh, I love both those quotes! I wouldn't be able to choose either.

Lois Christensen said...

Love the barn and farm animals. But, I love her little pink shoes even more! Sorry you'll be missing your friends. Enjoy your weekend!