Sunday 8 March 2009

Would I??

Darling Baby Kay - we have had a lovely, quiet weekend together, but poor Daddy ended up looking after for the both of us. I headed up to Belfast to meet J&K for lunch on Saturday, so that I could see K before baby #3 makes an appearance. We were having a yummy lunch in the Bay Tree when suddenly I realised I was getting a migraine - yuk! I was able to get myself home fine thanks to my tablets, but was fit for pretty much nothing but lying up on the settee when I arrived. Daddy had to feed you, bath you, look after you and sort dinner. And to top it all off you did something you have never ever done before, and were sick after you had you bedtime bottle. We had to strip you down again, clean you up, get Daddy cleaned up and clean up your nursery rug the best we could til this morning.

Thankfully everyone is great - no problems at all today, but I am sure Daddy could do with a rest!

This afternoon your cousin J called round to see you - she is 18, and one of many older cousins you have courtesy of Daddy being the baby of his family with much older brothers. She hasn't seen you since before Christmas and can't believe how much you have grown, or how much like Daddy you look! She thought you were great whizzing around in your walker too.

You scoot up to the curtains, or the cupboard doors, or the drawers, or the radiator, and then, because you already know I am going to say 'Ah, no - that's not for babies' you look back over your shoulder at me to see me say it, before you blythely go right on ahead and do whatever it was you planned. You have the cheekiest grin when you are doing it - as if you are saying ' Go on Mum, try me!!' We have actually had to bull-dog clip the blinds together and hang them over the back of a chair when you are in your wheels as you have managed to break most of the clips off the bottom in the short time you have been mobile. Everyone has told me that this in nothing compared to what is coming when you are off and running on 2 feet!

This week we are into full birthday planning mode - so we are going to be busy girl!! Sleep well princess, you'll need all your energy!

8 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Hope your headache is better! And, yes I agree she looks just like your hubby! Thanks for the kind words on my blog!!! You're the best in making someone feel good!

Jaime said...

I love your pictures... each one capturing her thoughts... Words soon to be heard. In memory of Lindsey's first birthday I will post a picture for you to see of the beautiful dress I put her in ..... It was just lovely. Hope your planning goes well and I hope your migrain headaches go away... Jaime

Elena said...

So sorry to hear you had a migraine. I'm glad you are better! Hearing about your little one in the walker reminds me again of the days that Mary was in her walker. So, much fun for her but a lot more work for me. It was all worth it though:) All Mary's cousins are way older than her too. Rich and I are both the youngest in our families and we had her late in life. She has a couple of cousins removed, that are close in age but many miles lie between them.

Anonymous said...

Migraines are no fun! Love the picture - Yay! Birthdays! Always happy moments

Alice said...

hope you are feeling better! i get migraines on occasion and i know how bad you feel. baby kay is so cute! i can just see her batting those little eyes up at you as she continues on with her explorations :O). love your post!

Alice said...

hope you are feeling better! i get migraines on occasion and i know how bad you feel. baby kay is so cute! i can just see her batting those little eyes up at you as she continues on with her explorations :O). love your post!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

So sorry about your migraine-I can so identify. IN fact, that's what I did my Blue Monday post on yesterday! I can appreciate your sweetie's not having first cousins close in age, either. My youngest first cousin is 18 years older than I, and the oldest (was) 38 years older. I'm the midlife baby of a midlife baby!

Hope you and your precious sweetie are both feeling better♥

A House FULL of Grace said...

So glad your migraine has passed, but sad that it put a damper on your day. And how absolutely princely of Rod to take care of you and Baby Kay Saturday night. Can't believe all the trouble our sneaky little girl is getting into (and the glee she is taking from it), but don't be too quick to believe the naysayers. She may be up and mobile and discover she has much more constructive things to do with her newfound freedom than bother with the blinds.

Happy day to you all; thinking of you. ~S